Who should our next HC be?

9 minutes ago, Sgt Red said:

I listened to a former Ohio State WR coach under Urban Meyer.  He said there is no possible way Urban comes to Nebraska because his wife would never allow it.  He said the same thing about Luke Fickle. Lastly, he said he is a NU fan but if Bill O'Brien is hired he will officially get off the NU fan train.

His wife doesn't want him to coach again, or she has something against NU?

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

18 seniors graduated from that 2019 Rhule team, plus a 4th round pick junior left early.  2020 was Aranda's first season there, plus it was the infamous COVID year.  I'm more concerned with his impressive '21 and also waiting to see how this season plays out.  Plus he's got the B1G connection as well as MJ/LSU connection.  I just don't see a better realistic candidate at this point.

Plus, looking at the Baylor depth chart, the 2022 team is a mix of older guys, younger guys, and transfers, so Aranda is still not just living off of Rhule's recruits.  Yes, recruiting is very important, but being able to win "with another guy's players" is easier said than done.  The unsuccessful coaches can come in and try to make it all about themselves, while the successful coaches are able to blend their own thoughts on building a program with the current talent left on the team.

8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

He sounds pretty frustrated wt the lack of excitement at Ole Miss.

Welcome to Lincoln Lane:B)  Come to Lincoln to get your crowd 'fix'.

Nebraska could do a lot worse than Lane Kiffin as your HC with Monte Kiffin & Tom Osborne as your “player personnel analysts”.

3 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

18 seniors graduated from that 2019 Rhule team, plus a 4th round pick junior left early.  2020 was Aranda's first season there, plus it was the infamous COVID year.  I'm more concerned with his impressive '21 and also waiting to see how this season plays out.  Plus he's got the B1G connection as well as MJ/LSU connection.  I just don't see a better realistic candidate at this point.

I’m with you all the way. I think his D background in the Big 10 is very important and if he brings his OC with him and keeps MJ(most likely I would think if MJ wants to remain here) that would be a winning combination. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 hours ago, M.A. said:

What do you think…Is Bill O’Brien your next Husker’s football head coach???

I’m not enthusiastic about the idea…What’s your take Big Red fan!

I live in SEC country and it's pretty much unanimously agreed that he sucks. I have several Bama fans who are friends who would love to see him go.

Aranda, on the other hand, would great.