Who should our next HC be?

We are running out of candidates since this blog seems to find the worst in every one or come up with a list of reasons why they would never come to Nebraska. So I decided to revise my top three candidates and list three Christmas miracle gifts.

(1) Nick Saban 

(2) Ryan Day

(3) Dabo Swinney

In this order, but I will take any of the three without looking the gift horse in the mouth. 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

We are running out of candidates since this blog seems to find the worst in every one or come up with a list of reasons why they would never come to Nebraska. So I decided to revise my top three candidates and list three Christmas miracle gifts.

(1) Nick Saban 

(2) Ryan Day

(3) Dabo Swinney

In this order, but I will take any of the three without looking the gift horse in the mouth. 

If your going to go that route:

1) Tom Osborne

2) Barry Alvarez

3) Bill Synder 

5 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) Nick Saban 

(2) Ryan Day

(3) Dabo Swinney

Ryan Day wears too much blush

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) Nick Saban 

Saban had below .600 winning percentage as a B1G coach.  Pass.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) Nick Saban 

(2) Ryan Day

(3) Dabo Swinney

Way to put yourself out there.

Man I hope there was some sarcasm in there that I didn't have enough coffee yet to understand.

7 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

(1) Nick Saban 

(2) Ryan Day

(3) Dabo Swinney

Why Ryan Day, and why Ryan Day over Dabo?  Ryan Day hasn't built squat.  He simply took over a well oiled machine from Urban Meyer.  Remember when David Shaw was all the buzz?  Coincidentally, his best three years were his first three years after taking over a well oiled machine from Harbaugh.  In the last four years, the only year he had a winning record was the Covid year.  Nebraska is a rebuild project.  There's one name on your list that isn't like the others.  I don't understand why it's on there.  

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If your going to go that route:

1) Tom Osborne

2) Barry Alvarez

3) Bill Synder 

And if you are going to go that route:

1.  Vince Lombardi

2.  George Halas

3.  Bud Grant

I suspect we can use modern technology and have one of these 3 coach via hologram.  If Elvis can sing via hologram, Vince can coach again via hologram!!:stir

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

........  If Elvis can sing via hologram, Vince can coach again via hologram!!:stir

That's it!!!  SF had a hologram coaching for him while he was at home boating, and the random number generator that picked play calls is responsible for the onside kick.  I guess the artificial intelligence isn't perfected yet.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

........  If Elvis can sing via hologram, Vince can coach again via hologram!!:stir

And if we are going to have a hologram coach lets do Tom Osborne.  But I want 1990's T.O. who was half prison warden, not 2010's T.O. who doesn't like pot or gambling.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

So about 3 weeks in and my thoughts

Matt Campbell should not be on the list but I have a bad feeling he is...It will be "nice" Bo with one less win per year.

Kalen Deboer is my top choice

Lane is second, because watching some Husker fans freak out at the s#!t he says would be amazing.

Lance is up there as well but would still be similar to BoNice

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So about 3 weeks in and my thoughts

Matt Campbell should not be on the list but I have a bad feeling he is...It will be "nice" Bo with one less win per year.

Kalen Deboer is my top choice

Lane is second, because watching some Husker fans freak out at the s#!t he says would be amazing.

Lance is up there as well but would still be similar to BoNice

Similar thoughts on Campbell. O’Brien would be a discouraging choice too.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Why Ryan Day, and why Ryan Day over Dabo?  Ryan Day hasn't built squat.  He simply took over a well oiled machine from Urban Meyer.  Remember when David Shaw was all the buzz?  Coincidentally, his best three years were his first three years after taking over a well oiled machine from Harbaugh.  In the last four years, the only year he had a winning record was the Covid year.  Nebraska is a rebuild project.  There's one name on your list that isn't like the others.  I don't understand why it's on there.  

I agree Nebraska is a rebuild project which makes me think Aranda won't accept as he has already established a good system at Baylor. 

• Plus1 1