Who should our next HC be?

13 hours ago, TGHusker said:

YES BUT...... Has he consulted HuskerBoard yet:smokin ?  And particularly this thread.  

What if TA is showing up on this thread incognito and is taking notes:o

@M.A. are you really Trev in disguise?   Or is it you @TonkaSker

Nope not me!

Though word on the street is that Trev sent some kids in with some cash to buy a burner phone and a laptop. He’s been seen around with a small metal case and supposedly has a hotspot out in a cornfield of one of the boosters. He surfs forums there from a dark colored  jeep to gather intelligence and spread red herrings to mislead the masses. I can’t verify that to be true. 

Perhaps @Mavric can look into where some of the suspected members originate. If one isn’t identifiable, that could be his…

IF true, I’m sure that TA is getting a helluva of a lot chuckles reading our expert analysis's and commentaries! ;) :smokin

2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So in the consensus that Husker fans want Lance Leipold or Matt Campbell?

I am not sure there is a consensus but would say most Husker fans would take Leipold over Campbell. Here are my top candidatees of those who are actively coaching now.  I am not saying any of these guys would leave their current team but they all have a good track record. 

1. Kalen Deboer

2. Mark Stoops

3. Dave Aranda

4. Lane Kiffin

5. Lance Leipold

• Fire 1

OWH podcast today was really good.  First half was a mix of Trev's comments this morning at the Big Red Breakfast as well as talking about the Nebraska program in general and what needs to change going forward.  Second half they went over a bunch of names and gave thoughts around each.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, junior4949 said:

Why Ryan Day, and why Ryan Day over Dabo?  Ryan Day hasn't built squat.  He simply took over a well oiled machine from Urban Meyer.  Remember when David Shaw was all the buzz?  Coincidentally, his best three years were his first three years after taking over a well oiled machine from Harbaugh.  In the last four years, the only year he had a winning record was the Covid year.  Nebraska is a rebuild project.  There's one name on your list that isn't like the others.  I don't understand why it's on there.  

I was being sarcastic since no matter who you name as potential, someone has bad things to say about them. I think I proved my point well. Not one of those three coaches is interested in our dumpster fire and I am sure Trev is smart enough not to even go there. 

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

OWH podcast today was really good.  First half was a mix of Trev's comments this morning at the Big Red Breakfast as well as talking about the Nebraska program in general and what needs to change going forward.  Second half they went over a bunch of names and gave thoughts around each.

This was a great listen today. Sam is great on these podcasts. I shouldn’t make light of Shatel’s stuttering, but it makes it tough to listen to him on these. This one included Dirk, so that will count out 90% of Husker fans. 

• Fire 1

Since so many people (incorrectly) think Urban Meyer is the only candidate I'd be satisfied with, for the record I'd be content with any of these:

Urban Meyer

Mark Stoops

Tom Herman

Luke Fickell

Todd Monken

Matt Rhule

Chris Petersen

Bret Bielema

Kyle Whittingham

Lane Kiffin

Mike Gundy

Dave Aranda

I just think Leipold's body of work is too small. If he can lead KU to a 9-win season, then I'll jump on his bandwagon. They could easily finish 5-7 or 6-6 or 7-5 and then what? Would that be good enough for those of you who are currently singing his praises?

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1