Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Lance Leipold, who is in his 16th season as a head coach and has shown essentially across three different divisions that he has what it takes to be successful and build a program from ashes, has a body of work that's "too small", but Dave Aranda, four games into year three as a head coach taking over a winning program, is a satisfiable candidate.

uh.. ok

I've already explained that my support for Aranda stems from the time he spent at LSU (I live on the outskirts of Baton Rouge). You must've missed it. I was very impressed with him during his time with the Tigers -- many LSU fans were hoping they'd hire him when they got rid of Ed O.

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Good option and a guy who is currently available. He graduated a high % of his players— many of them were academic all Americans. So that would check one of Trev’s boxes. Plus he improved both BYU and Virginia. He sent a good number of players to the NFL. That speaks of development— another check mark

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, there has not been much info out there, I wonder if Trev has even really "started" yet or if things are just staying that secretive. 

I think its a little of both.  Trev said he has been talking to a lot of people that aren't candidates to pick brains (is Bienemy the only one that has got out?).

I am assuming that feelers have been sent out both ways - from Trev/search firm to agents/coaches and from agents/coaches to Trev/search firm.  I seriously doubt if Trev has had formal contact or "interviewed" any coaches yet.

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And you could be entirely correct. I'm just saying that it's too early to tell. If they go 6-6 is that going to be enough to hire him? 

Why not just take the winner of the Kansas/Iowa State game tomorrow and call it a "home run hire"? And if we can't get one of those, let's stick with Mickey. Because, comfort zone and cultural fit and stuff.

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I think its a little of both.  Trev said he has been talking to a lot of people that aren't candidates to pick brains (is Bienemy the only one that has got out?).

I am assuming that feelers have been sent out both ways - from Trev/search firm to agents/coaches and from agents/coaches to Trev/search firm.  I seriously doubt if Trev has had formal contact or "interviewed" any coaches yet.

Yeah, I agree.  

Might get blasted on this one, but here we go....

Rossi from Minnesota...defensive minded coach. Has had success in the BIG and has sent guys to the NFL. Did a great job when Fleck actually had the balls to fire his DC in 2018 and turned it around. Pains me to go this route, but we may need to accept the fact that a big name (already head coach) may not be coming to coach the Huskers. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Might get blasted on this one, but here we go....

Rossi from Minnesota...defensive minded coach. Has had success in the BIG and has sent guys to the NFL. Did a great job when Fleck actually had the balls to fire his DC in 2018 and turned it around. Pains me to go this route, but we may need to accept the fact that a big name (already head coach) may not be coming to coach the Huskers. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

I can't see any way Trev would take a chance on anyone without HC experience that isn't named Mickey he is an extreme long shot IMHO. Trev can't afford to get this wrong and while Rossi (or any other coordinator/position coach) might turn out to be great he just can't roll the dice on this hire.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1