Who should our next HC be?

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I've already explained that my support for Aranda stems from the time he spent at LSU (I live on the outskirts of Baton Rouge). You must've missed it. I was very impressed with him during his time with the Tigers -- many LSU fans were hoping they'd hire him when they got rid of Ed O.

I like Aranda too. He was Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin before Jim Leonhard. That Wisconsin defense took normal dudes and made them formidable.  Landed him at LSU and now head guy at Baylor. He’s shown he can play defense in the B1G and SEC. Plus he could bring Grimes as OC which is a strong candidate. I like Whipple, maybe he is our QB coach. Keep Mickey and Applewhite and we are bowling.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I like Aranda too. He was Jim Leonhard at Wisconsin before Jim Leonhard. That Wisconsin defense took normal dudes and made them formidable.  Landed him at LSU and now head guy at Baylor. He’s shown he can play defense in the B1G and SEC. Plus he could bring Grimes as OC which is a strong candidate. I like Whipple, maybe he is our QB coach. Keep Mickey and Applewhite and we are bowling.

Why are people so hell bent on shoving NU’s offensive staff down Aranda’s throat? I get Mickey for his recruiting and maybe even Applewhite, but Aranda should be able to bring in a RB coach and other position coaches who can recruit to Nebraska.

• Plus1 4
5 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

wish this search was like the worst kept secret of all time. I know more will come out as the season gets to Nov but man the lack of things and rumors that are not coming out really sucks lol. like its the only reason i get on huskerboard right now is to check and see about tweets and rumors for this lol 

And even if there are leaks, 99% of them are from agents trying to get their client a raise. Almost none of the leaks will be real.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, M.A. said:

Referring to that person’s list…

It sounds like we have a similar view.

Which coaches do you like?

Because I'm currently THE resident authority on who NU should hire, how much they should be paid, and the details of their contract, I would prefer Dave Aranda with Mickey Joseph staying on as WR coach.  I only say that because unlike the rest of this board, I am the only one qualified to make such deluded statements.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Because I'm currently THE resident authority on who NU should hire, how much they should be paid, and the details of their contract, I would prefer Dave Aranda with Mickey Joseph staying on as WR coach.  I only say that because unlike the rest of this board, I am the only one qualified to make such deluded statements.

So you’re the one! Figured there was one around here. Good choice. I’m liking your way of thinking.

3 hours ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I guess one thing I haven't considered is Matt Rhule is apparently the dumpster fire whisperer.  How do posters feel about him at this point?

To me he is a much better candidate than Aranda, Campbell, and several others being talked about.  He has successfully turned around 2 programs from the pits to competing for championships.  

image.png.7e82230c776b822e6320f4cebf10964c.png

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

I will sit back first and see how Mickey does and go from there. If he can come up with five or six wins, he may be worth retaining and then not go outside the program. Unfortunately I don’t like the odds of that happening. But I will stick to that for now. 

It’s really the only thing we can do for now. Hopefully we at least see improvement and more wins than previously thought. 

2 hours ago, C-4 said:

Disregarding his mumblings toward us (the words of which I’ve forgotten), I’d like to inquire about Paul Chryst if Wisky goes full Nebraska and fires him.

With his hand being held he did pretty good.  Now that Barry is gone, we are seeing his true capabilities.  No thank you.  

• TBH 1

30 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

To me he is a much better candidate than Aranda, Campbell, and several others being talked about.  He has successfully turned around 2 programs from the pits to competing for championships.  

image.png.7e82230c776b822e6320f4cebf10964c.png

I think the Rhule is definitely on Trev's short list; just depends on how the NFL season plays out. Rhule fans should be cheering against the Panthers each week.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why are people so hell bent on shoving NU’s offensive staff down Aranda’s throat? I get Mickey for his recruiting and maybe even Applewhite, but Aranda should be able to bring in a RB coach and other position coaches who can recruit to Nebraska.

Aranda, MJ and BB were together at LSU.  BB was with him at Utah and Wisky prior to that.  BB says he reached out to Aranda already this season when he became the interim DC...Those guys all have some history.  BUT I am all for the HC bringing or keeping who he wants.  Don't think a staff should be forced on a guy.  Too many years of that and none of it worked.....I do not have an issue with the AD and Co using the perspective HC nominee's staff selection in the  process to determine if that HC should be hired.  Much like the rumors of UF wanting Frost, but not his staff.  Over 4 seasons we found that staff and HC to be lacking.   TBH, no idea what percentage bring their whole or partial staff with them....

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I think the Rhule is definitely on Trev's short list; just depends on how the NFL season plays out. Rhule fans should be cheering against the Panthers each week.

Considering Panthers next 4 games are: vs Cardinals, vs 49ers, @the Rams, vs Buccaneers, which could very well result in Rhule being fired for a 1-6 start.

We might be able to pick him up from a Charlotte bus stop in a month's time. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Rhule is a very relatable coach to the college athletes.  It just hasn't transferred to the NFL yet.  IMHO, he took a huge leap in hiring Joe Brady and it bit him in the a$$ the past 2 season.  McAdoo is not helping him keep his job this season either.  I think he'd be a good get.  His recent NFL stint and contacts would help with recruiting IMHO.   Don't think it'd be that "wow" hire especially if he is fired after 3 crappy seasons in the NFL, but he knows how to develop and build teams.   

1 minute ago, Osbourneite said:

Considering Panthers next 4 games are: vs Cardinals, vs 49ers, @the Rams, vs Buccaneers, which could very well result in Rhule being fired for a 1-6 start.

We might be able to pick him from a Charlotte bus stop in a month's time. 

I'm close by.  For a case of Runza's I'll pick him up and drive him to Lincoln!