Who should our next HC be?

6 hours ago, lo country said:

Aranda, MJ and BB were together at LSU.  BB was with him at Utah and Wisky prior to that.  BB says he reached out to Aranda already this season when he became the interim DC...Those guys all have some history.  BUT I am all for the HC bringing or keeping who he wants.  Don't think a staff should be forced on a guy.  Too many years of that and none of it worked.....I do not have an issue with the AD and Co using the perspective HC nominee's staff selection in the  process to determine if that HC should be hired.  Much like the rumors of UF wanting Frost, but not his staff.  Over 4 seasons we found that staff and HC to be lacking.   TBH, no idea what percentage bring their whole or partial staff with them....

I'm really hoping that Aranda is our top target at present.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Good post IMO.  I agree with Frost.  Guy came here with all the expectations in the world.  With truly little to no experience as a HC...Year 3 when he came to NU that was floundering at best.  And it went south quickly.  No real experienced staff to lean on, blame game started and then some early season rumors with the likes of JD leaving and then Wan'dale....reality, dude was sim[ly not ready (in hindsight), but like many, I thought if not Frost then who....I'd take the drunk monkey that people said could coach when Bo was fired over Frost any day of the week.

Trev needs to get this right.  Find a DUDE as HC.  And after years of wandering in the desert, IMHO the new HC is on the clock day one to show improvement......Fair or not, that's the situation.

Issue a challenge to potential new head coaches. Then don't be a hindrance and get out of the way. It's going to take a person that likes to be given a mess then transforms it. It really is true. The closer people are to something, the more difficult it can be to recognize what's gone awry and what's necessary to change it. 

It's like people sitting around a table convincing each other of things that aren't true and everyone validating the consensus. Lol 

We're so close yet so far away! It really is frustrating...Never in my wildest dreams would I think that I'd see the day where we're at now.

We might laugh but our "group of advisors" might exceed some of the things that a search firm could do. 

14 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

Just three years a Wisconsin DC.

don't care. he won't come here. every nebraska fan is delusional in thinking we are a better program than baylor. this isn't the baylor of 2003.

urban meyer is more likely to come here because he's unemployed and he can win at any school.

• Haha 6
22 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

don't care. he won't come here. every nebraska fan is delusional in thinking we are a better program than baylor. this isn't the baylor of 2003.

urban meyer is more likely to come here because he's unemployed and he can win at any school.

Wrong again. Urban does have a job at Fox Sports, he will be on TV tomorrow.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm really hoping that Aranda is our top target at present.

I thought you wanted Urban?

I got no big issue with Aranda, he might be fine. But he's not even the better of the two possible Baylor coaches. Matt Rhule is responsible for a lot of Aranda's success. What Rhule did at Baylor in the situation they were in when he got there was borderline miraculous. Not sure most people around Nebraska realize the gravity of how bad that thing was when Rhule got there. There was a reason he became one of the hottest NFL targets after just 3 years at Baylor. He and Aranda are the same age, but Rhule has FAR more experience, on both sides of the ball, in NCAA and NFL. And he's arguably got more possible B1G ties than Aranda. Outside of Aranda's 3 years as a coordinator at Wisconsin, Aranda hasn't sniffed B1G country. Rhule went to Penn State and spent most of his career coaching in B1G country. When comparing resumes, it's not even close if you have to pick one of those two.

34 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Someone call up Saban and find out who the next Kirby Smart is and hire him. 

Hahaha, Saban doesn't strike me as the type to try to help other programs out. He'll either tell you Deion Sanders so Auburn doesn't get him or Bill O'Brien just to get rid of his sorry a$$.

Kirby is a Georgia alum and was the heir apparent there for some time. Saban didn't do anything to help orchestrate that.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's how quickly a candidate's luster can fade. Once KU starts losing games Leipold's name will start to sink.

Boy you're not kidding. We've already seen it. Lots of people all in on Campbell a few weeks ago. Loses to Baylor, huge shift toward Aranda. As I sarcastically said a few pages back, people have a really hard time not being short-sighted and getting out of their comfort zones with these things. Let's just hope Trev's not one of those people.

• Fire 1