Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Boy you're not kidding. We've already seen it. Lots of people all in on Campbell a few weeks ago. Loses to Baylor, huge shift toward Aranda. As I sarcastically said a few pages back, people have a really hard time not being short-sighted and getting out of their comfort zones with these things. Let's just hope Trev's not one of those people.

But with ISU playing KU today we could see another shift where Campbell rises back up and Leipold sinks back down. Baylor plays #9 Okie State where they will be seriously tested. Aranda could be back down with Leipold before the day is over.

5 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

But with ISU playing KU today we could see another shift where Campbell rises back up and Leipold sinks back down. Baylor plays #9 Okie State where they will be seriously tested. Aranda could be back down with Leipold before the day is over.

Maybe we should hire the G5 coach who gets their team on a magical run and has an undefeated season and claims their own National Championship this season.  What could go wrong?!?!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I thought you wanted Urban?

I got no big issue with Aranda, he might be fine. But he's not even the better of the two possible Baylor coaches. Matt Rhule is responsible for a lot of Aranda's success. What Rhule did at Baylor in the situation they were in when he got there was borderline miraculous. Not sure most people around Nebraska realize the gravity of how bad that thing was when Rhule got there. There was a reason he became one of the hottest NFL targets after just 3 years at Baylor. He and Aranda are the same age, but Rhule has FAR more experience, on both sides of the ball, in NCAA and NFL. And he's arguably got more possible B1G ties than Aranda. Outside of Aranda's 3 years as a coordinator at Wisconsin, Aranda hasn't sniffed B1G country. Rhule went to Penn State and spent most of his career coaching in B1G country. When comparing resumes, it's not even close if you have to pick one of those two.

Meyer is my #1 pick, but I highly doubt that Trev will even reach out to him because he doesn't want to face the backlash from the portion of the fan base that doesn't care for his "questionable character." Both Aranda and Rhule are high on my list.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's how quickly a candidate's luster can fade. Once KU starts losing games Leipold's name will start to sink.

Same with Klieman....he beat Oklahoma by doing the same thing we did with Martinez, running him half the time,  that got him injured. How good will he look if Adrian is out?

58 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Meyer is my #1 pick, but I highly doubt that Trev will even reach out to him because he doesn't want to face the backlash from the portion of the fan base that doesn't care for his "questionable character." Both Aranda and Rhule are high on my list.

The same fan base that voted for Trump? Don’t we think that’s just a little hypocritical? We should be going after Meyer.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Both Aranda and Rhule are high on my list.

Question is, which one is more likely? Aranda may think he’s set up just fine at Baylor. And they can/will pay to keep him if he continues to succeed.

I think Rhule is likely coaching college next year. But would he come to NU? Normally I’d say we’re likely to be the best college job available. However, when he went to Baylor, he turned down Oregon to do it. On the surface, everyone thought that was the dumbest move ever. Baylor was a complete s#!t show and Oregon was in really good shape. Can’t imagine Baylor offered thaaaat much more than Oregon (numbers were never disclosed). Rhule just said he felt Baylor was a better fit for him and his family. It was a head scratcher for sure. So, even if on the surface Nebraska seems like the obvious choice for him, he’s already shown he may not necessarily agree with popular opinion on those things.

17 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Question is, which one is more likely? Aranda may think he’s set up just fine at Baylor. And they can/will pay to keep him if he continues to succeed.

I think Rhule is likely coaching college next year. But would he come to NU? Normally I’d say we’re likely to be the best college job available. However, when he went to Baylor, he turned down Oregon to do it. On the surface, everyone thought that was the dumbest move ever. Baylor was a complete s#!t show and Oregon was in really good shape. Can’t imagine Baylor offered thaaaat much more than Oregon (numbers were never disclosed). Rhule just said he felt Baylor was a better fit for him and his family. It was a head scratcher for sure. So, even if on the surface Nebraska seems like the obvious choice for him, he’s already shown he may not necessarily agree with popular opinion on those things.

Rhule is definitely more likely. As far as what team he chooses, it very well may come down to the highest bidder.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

doesn't want to face the backlash from the portion of the fan base that doesn't care for his "questionable character." Both

That portion of the fan base can f#&% off.  This is football, not church choir.  Urban is the best available coach out there period. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2