Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Feel great for the players and Mickey, but it was one win against a terrible Indiana team. 

You got to start somewhere even if Indiana is so called a terrible team. Imho Indiana isn't a terrible team when your 3-2 even if you played weaker teams to get that record. You are what your record says you are. Not great not bad just average.

• Plus1 1

No doubt the team played better tonight, especially the defense. It was a must win Saturday night home prime time game against an opponent who we have to beat who had some players out. I would argue Rutgers is another must win. We are a better program than Rutgers and need to go on the road and take care of business. If we don’t all the chirping will start up again.

I like Mickey. He keeps it simple.  If he continues to win I think he will be the guy. If not, then it’s wide open.  I think the most likely scenario is he will win some and lose some and then I think it will come down to if there is a homerun hire or not. Guys like Campbell seem to be losing luster. What would he bring that Mickey couldn’t?  But guys like Urban, Kiffen, Gundy, Aranda, Petersen are out there. 

Win 1 of what will need to be many more for Mickey to get the job.  Trev will make the best possible choice. Look at Mel Tucker, was a darling and what has he done lately, or how about Chryst, Harsin, Deboer, Cristobal, Jimbo, and Venables.  All have had issues.  It’s a tough business.  

Time will tell.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Feel great for the players and Mickey, but it was one win against a terrible Indiana team. 

This doesn’t matter at all. This win was enormous for the fans, for the players and even for the coaching staff. It gives all three of them something they didn’t have last week….. hope. It also confirms to all of the coaches, players and fans that the timing in which Trev fired Frost was the correct choice. It also builds confidence in that Mickey can make tough calls like firing the DC. This W will ensure we continue the sell out streak the rest of the year (why Trev even went in as thanked all the players) and being tied in the west gives the players something to play for and it gives MJ the true opportunity he deserves at a shot for this head coaching job. Give me all the feel goods. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

I know this was just one game but I feel that MJ chances of keeping the job got significantly higher bc you can see the players love him as a coach.  I think alot of the fans are behind MJ and the outside media never really considered him a viable candidate. Yes I know its a long season but a win is a win. Get back to 3-3 this friday and your right in the mix for division supremacy. I also feel like if they play like how they played yesterday and lose games it won't deter Trev Alberts from keeping him on. Its all in the way you play games right or am I wrong? Yes results do matter but you get that there's a pulse within the team.

• Plus1 1