Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Liepold is going to Wisky

I thought the Mickey stuff was kind silly to be honest until last night.  I know Indiana blows, but there was something different last night.  The team was different.  I’ll be interested to watch the rest of the year.

There is no way that is happening that fast.  They are having there first bad season since i can remember.  Hes fine for now.

21 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Liepold is going to Wisky

I thought the Mickey stuff was kind silly to be honest until last night.  I know Indiana blows, but there was something different last night.  The team was different.  I’ll be interested to watch the rest of the year.

Chryst has a crazy buyout so he's safe this year unless Wisconsin goes against the grain, they have been notoriously cheap on coaches forever.

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Feel great for the players and Mickey, but it was one win against a terrible Indiana team. 

I think your forgetting something,  WE are the terrible team, stop thinking this is 10 years ago.  This is now and Indiana has beaten us quite a few times in the past few years.  Hey................We are now the Illinois of 10 years ago,  We are the Indiana of 10 years ago,  WE are the Maryland of 10 years ago.  We are the terrible big 10 team.  So please stop thinking we are somehow superior to others because the win loss column says otherwise.  Does mickey deserve a look, yes he does because honestly i dont think he can do any better or worse than anyone out there.  Im on the Urban train, or the Lane trane, but if those are out then there is no one else who has that proven of a record that can do any better.

• Plus1 1

Yea, Indiana is bad, but so are we. Mickey genuinely seems to be incredibly invested in the program and the success of the players. Don't let our sucktitude and the former coach's preference for anything but coaching shade that. Mickey seems like exactly the right guy at exactly the right time. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The most important thing about MJ is that he is an elite recruiter. He has strong Louisiana ties and can pull in talent that LSU isn't interested in/doesn't have room for (i.e., Ajay Allen, Trey Palmer)

I think that since he is a elite recruiter he can get coaches that will be elite recruiters and elite developers. He knows enough people in the business.  Its proven kids will come here bc of him Trey Palmer.

6 hours ago, Husker816 said:

I think it's stupid to base coaches off week to week games

I think it's stupid that you apparently think I'm basing my opinion of Campbell on just this week, or this season.

• TBH 1
Just now, Toe said:

I think it's stupid that you apparently think I'm basing my opinion of Campbell on just this week, or this season.

Me to, ive always thought Campbell was (Meh).  I wouldnt hate him as a coach i just think we could do better.  Again, if its MJ vs Campbell ill pick MJ.  Someone with nebraska ties who gets the program.  VS someone whos coming in for maybe just a paycheck.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I think that since he is a elite recruiter he can get coaches that will be elite recruiters and elite developers. He knows enough people in the business.  Its proven kids will come here bc of him Trey Palmer.

Trust me - I live in South Louisiana and I'm very familiar with MJ. He has the New Orleans area on lockdown. My school produces a lot of talent and my classroom is decorated with Nebraska stuff. He actually recruited Shazz Preston (now at Alabama); it was just too late in the process. I sure would love to send some of our kids to Nebraska.

Since I was a bit of a Negative Nellie last night, I will clarify my statement and what I see are the pros and cons about Joseph.

• Fans calling for Joseph to be hired after 1 win is pre-mature.  Yes, it's great to finally get a win, even if it's a below-average to bad Indiana team, and the team and coaching staff deserves to celebrate and be happy.  Let's see how a few more games go, after teams adjust to what changes NU has made
  • I like the energy that Joseph brings on the sideline and I like the energy that the kids play with.  I also like that he mostly remained calm on the sideline.  Even during the Corcoran ejection, he went to hold Turner accountable first, before arguing anything with the referee.  Joseph obviously wasn't happy with the mistakes at the end of the first half and I am sure he let the players know at halftime
  • I think Joseph will bring a strong/elite recruiting element to the program and surround himself with strong recruiters and developers.  I am concerned that he hasn't been a head coach before and lack of experience is being used against a lot of other coaching candidates.
  • I think too much is made about Joseph being a "Nebraska guy" and that's why he should get the job.  It's a plus, and he clearly has a connection to the area, especially the Omaha kids, as that's where he got his start in coaching.  I just think NU should hire the best coach they can get, regardless of "ties to the area" or him being a "Nebraska guy" or not.
  • Plus1 4
  • Fire 1