Who should our next HC be?

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

People are jumping on the Leipold bandwagon way too soon. He's gonna be this season's Mel Tucker

Was just talking to someone about this.  Mel Tucker never won anywhere.  Got lucky and got paid.

Lance is way way different story.  It’s even better how man people wanted Les Miles to replace Riley.  Miles couldn’t win at Kansas.

ManGina, who got screwed, is the only coach besides Lance that could win at Kansas.  Pretty small group.

• Plus1 6

33 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

People are jumping on the Leipold bandwagon way too soon. He's gonna be this season's Mel Tucker

I agree Tucker’s season last year was a fluke and Sparty was crazy to give him that huge extension, but Leipold is a totally different coach in terms of experience and success. 

• Plus1 5
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Since I was a bit of a Negative Nellie last night, I will clarify my statement and what I see are the pros and cons about Joseph.

• Fans calling for Joseph to be hired after 1 win is pre-mature.  Yes, it's great to finally get a win, even if it's a below-average to bad Indiana team, and the team and coaching staff deserves to celebrate and be happy.  Let's see how a few more games go, after teams adjust to what changes NU has made
  • I like the energy that Joseph brings on the sideline and I like the energy that the kids play with.  I also like that he mostly remained calm on the sideline.  Even during the Corcoran ejection, he went to hold Turner accountable first, before arguing anything with the referee.  Joseph obviously wasn't happy with the mistakes at the end of the first half and I am sure he let the players know at halftime
  • I think Joseph will bring a strong/elite recruiting element to the program and surround himself with strong recruiters and developers.  I am concerned that he hasn't been a head coach before and lack of experience is being used against a lot of other coaching candidates.
  • I think too much is made about Joseph being a "Nebraska guy" and that's why he should get the job.  It's a plus, and he clearly has a connection to the area, especially the Omaha kids, as that's where he got his start in coaching.  I just think NU should hire the best coach they can get, regardless of "ties to the area" or him being a "Nebraska guy" or not.

I think the vast majority of husker fans know you don’t just give him the job because of one win. Everyone will see how the rest of the season goes and then make a decision. 

You seem  to say that the coaches and players can be happy for the win but us fans need to pump the brakes. 

We are excited to see how this year plays out. That’s pretty much it. We really don’t need to pump the brakes on that. 

This seems extremely out of the loop.  Honest question, do you think the B1G new money deal is causing universities to have the ability to not be as patient as they were before.  I just dont remember a university like Wisconson being that unpatient after a bad year.  And right now there 2 and 2, theres still more games to be had.

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

This seems extremely out of the loop.  Honest question, do you think the B1G new money deal is causing universities to have the ability to not be as patient as they were before.  I just dont remember a university like Wisconson being that unpatient after a bad year.  And right now there 2 and 2, theres still more games to be had.

It gives schools more ability to not worry about payouts to coaches who are getting fired, but I don’t know if that makes them impatient. Plus, Wisky is now 2-3. But, your point is still mainly true. 

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sounds like Wisky fans didn’t want to risk losing Jim Leohnard to another school, so they did a pre-emotive firing of Chryst with the hopes that he succeeds in the interim and he can take the full time job. 

I think Wiscy didn't want to miss the window of reaching out to Liepold.   He could all but locked up by another school by championship week if they  they wait until the end of the season, so they may have wanted to make a move now so they could be in on trying to get him.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Sounds like Wisky fans didn’t want to risk losing Jim Leohnard to another school, so they did a pre-emotive firing of Chryst with the hopes that he succeeds in the interim and he can take the full time job. 

Sorta like when NU fans fired Mike Reilly so we didn’t lose out on Frost going to another school.  That worked out well for us.  

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

New AD wanting to make his mark on the program and wanting a jump on doing that is my opinion on the Wiscy situation

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Lance Leipold is a Wiscosnin native and did well at the DII level there...

I think that’s why they canned Chryst. They want Leipold.

Then they have a natural progression to Leonhard in 5-8 years with either Leonhard staying on staff as a coach-in-waiting or letting him get HC experience at a smaller job then bringing him back