Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

This seems extremely out of the loop.  Honest question, do you think the B1G new money deal is causing universities to have the ability to not be as patient as they were before.  I just dont remember a university like Wisconson being that unpatient after a bad year.  And right now there 2 and 2, theres still more games to be had.

100% that schools have the cash to avoid "speed bumps" on a tarmac.

If I was Chryst, I would publicly state..WTF!!?

• Plus1 1

Frost was not successful at NU and his firing was well deserved. We gave him more than enough time to succeed.  Chryst on the other hand had success at Wisconsin and has a bad start to their season and poof he is gone mid-season! My how things have changed!  I thought maybe he would be gone at the end of the year if  Wisconsin continued to play poorly.  Like give him a chance to bow out gracefully and make the transition to either Leonhard or Liepold. Nebraska looks to be the much better job at this point. Wisconsin did us a favor looking like asses canning one of their best coaches mid-season, haha. And Liepold is not even on my top 5 so it’s like they are competing with themselves and no guarantee Leonhard is not lost along this whole process if he is slighted. Wisconsin bungled this and I’m enjoying it. :lol:

• Fire 1
19 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Frost was not successful at NU and his firing was well deserved. We gave him more than enough time to succeed.  Chryst on the other hand had success at Wisconsin and has a bad start to their season and poof he is gone mid-season! My how things have changed!  I thought maybe he would be gone at the end of the year if  Wisconsin continued to play poorly.  Like give him a chance to bow out gracefully and make the transition to either Leonhard or Liepold. Nebraska looks to be the much better job at this point. Wisconsin did us a favor looking like asses canning one of their best coaches mid-season, haha. And Liepold is not even on my top 5 so it’s like they are competing with themselves and no guarantee Leonhard is not lost along this whole process if he is slighted. Wisconsin bungled this and I’m enjoying it. :lol:

Idk man, they have been trending down for years. I saw this coming about a year ago, and knew then this couldn't last. They're just not that talented. You can only develop so much. They missed on guys, and the line play has regressed on both sides. In addition, the WR and DB play was not up to par for the BIG. They were being outpaced by Indiana and Purdue in the regard. Hell, we are much better than them in those regards. And lastly, they have been benefitting a ton from their schedule. Once they started playing the better teams in the conference, the flaws were magnified. 

• Fire 2
5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Idk man, they have been trending down for years. I saw this coming about a year ago, and knew then this couldn't last. They're just not that talented. You can only develop so much. They missed on guys, and the line play has regressed on both sides. In addition, the WR and DB play was not up to par for the BIG. They were being outpaced by Indiana and Purdue in the regard. Hell, we are much better than them in those regards. And lastly, they have been benefitting a ton from their schedule. Once they started playing the better teams in the conference, the flaws were magnified. 

I think it’s a quick trigger for a bit of an odd sample size. You got blown out by OSU, happens to a lot of other teams. And then your prior coach comes in and beats you up, sort of unique situation too losing to a coach that knows the ins and outs of your program. The loss to Wazzou was thus the straw that broke the camel’s back?  Ok you are having a bad year but this coach was really successful for you and appears to be nothing but a good guy and loyal alum and you kick him to the curb.  I just didn’t see a program like Wisconsin doing this to one of their own.  Maybe our curse is lifted to Wisconsin because this appears to be quite a reach in my opinion. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

When has a coach-in-waiting situation ever worked? Was Jimbo Fisher the CIW at Florida State the last couple of years for Bowden at FSU? Other than that, I can’t think of any of those actually panning out. 

Umm…Tom Osborne? Or was he not a “coach-in-waiting”. Or were you just not thinking that far back in history?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I think it’s a quick trigger for a bit of an odd sample size. You got blown out by OSU, happens to a lot of other teams. And then your prior coach comes in and beats you up, sort of unique situation too losing to a coach that knows the ins and outs of your program. The loss to Wazzou was thus the straw that broke the camel’s back?  Ok you are having a bad year but this coach was really successful for you and appears to be nothing but a good guy and loyal alum and you kick him to the curb.  I just didn’t see a program like Wisconsin doing this to one of their own.  Maybe our curse is lifted to Wisconsin because this appears to be quite a reach in my opinion. 

I see what you're saying. All I can add to that is with the major change happening to CFB, it is imperative to be trending up, and they obviously felt they weren't so they made that move. Either way, this is good for us. Let them stand in uncertainty for a decade or so. 

16 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I see what you're saying. All I can add to that is with the major change happening to CFB, it is imperative to be trending up, and they obviously felt they weren't so they made that move. Either way, this is good for us. Let them stand in uncertainty for a decade or so. 

I was watching some of what Leonhard had to say at the press conference. He is in a tough spot because he has a lot to thank Chryst for and some admin dude just tossed his mentor into the garbage. He is tied to Chryst.  If he can’t turn things around he may be on the outside looking in if they are all in on Leipold.

This could get interesting.  Leipold hasn’t won anything at Kansas yet and he’s being touted as a big coaching prize. What if he loses some games and Leonhard stumbles with this Wisconsin team rest of the year? That won’t be too exciting for their program.