Who should our next HC be?

33 minutes ago, Slow yer Roll said:

Anyone think Iowa will be getting ants in their pants to "change direction"?

Speaking of Iowa, I am surprised Phil Parker hasn’t been getting more chatter as a HC . I understand that age is a factor but at 59 he can still fall into that window. He always has more of the most solid defenses in the country year after year.He always has more of the most solid defenses in the country year after year

19 minutes ago, HANC said:

Speaking of Iowa, I am surprised Phil Parker hasn’t been getting more chatter as a HC . I understand that age is a factor but at 59 he can still fall into that window. He always has more of the most solid defenses in the country year after year.He always has more of the most solid defenses in the country year after year

I don't think Parker wants to be a head coach, he likes where he's at. Ferentz is untouchable for now, but he better bribe somebody to hire Brian away. I don't think Kirk would fire him, but if he doesn't he might not end up untouchable for much longer.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It really is a similar situation isn't it?

We might offer our hindsight to warn Wisconsin of what might lie ahead, but on the other hand we should be able to relate to the program trending downward and how much less fun that is. Also, Nebraska is more desperate and I bet we don't want Paul Chryst either. 

So are we really saying Wisconsin should stay loyal to Chryst and see where the next few seasons go? 

I'd say it's even worse look for WI, Chryst doesn't have the national perception of being an a-hole and having cameras trained on him for outbursts like Bo did, there was some justification for firing Bo for his antics (not justifying it, just saying people were in favor of his firing because he was such an a-hole).   By all accounts Chryst is a good guy, winning at 67% clip.   IMO, this is a bad look for WI.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, HANC said:

I've mentioned his name a few times, if we don't go the HC experience route, he's the top of my list of coordinators to go after.

Word on the street is that Leonhard will be given every opportunity to salvage this season and win the permanent job but if he fails to impress Leipold will be their top target... Aranda may be on their radar as well

i just hope that Trev has all his ducks in a row and has a plan that’s already been set in motion. We had a jump start on the coaching search and I hope he took advantage. The Auburn job will be open soon with plenty more to follow

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

The thought crossed my mind yesterday when Chryst was fired but Ferentz is the longest tenured coach in P5 so probably not.

They’ve won a whole lot of nothing, but for a long time and with the same coach.  Keep being you  Iowa!