Who should our next HC be?

Hypothetical question. Say we keep MJ, what coaches stay? What coaches are let go?

i wondered how in the past OC’s would have a direct impact on position coaches. I wonder who Whip would keep or let go. Like … does Raiola stay with what’s happening on the OL? Not his fault for inheriting who he has?

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

@UniversalMartin would probably have more insight on this but Paul Wulff is a reason to hedge this idea. 

I think "winning programs" (hard to put nebraska there, but historically they are) have a mental block on the level of coach they would consider. Whereas teams mentioned don't necessarily have that, so getting an elite FCS coach does not necessarily create the same angst amongst boosters. With that said, you find an elite FCS coach who is winning with players who are 3* and below, any program should consider them because simply, they win. All your doing is giving them higher level talent and resources. Paul Wulff, lol, was not an elite FCS coach...he had a couple good years with better than his peers talent...and....the guy, personality wise is not a HC.

Upper level FBS programs don't want to have a press conference to announce their new HC and half the fan base does a collective "who?"...it's a bulls#!t way to make a choice, but that be the world we live in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

Hypothetical question. Say we keep MJ, what coaches stay? What coaches are let go?

i wondered how in the past OC’s would have a direct impact on position coaches. I wonder who Whip would keep or let go. Like … does Raiola stay with what’s happening on the OL? Not his fault for inheriting who he has?

Get a top offensive line coach that can recruit. 

21 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

How many successful FCS coaches flame out and fail? But helpful to cherry pick the success stories. Correlation does not equal causation. 

I definitely agree with your last sentence.

But I guess I don't remember any that fit that description that flamed out.  There probably are, I just don't know of any. 

Do you?

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I definitely agree with your last sentence.

But I guess I don't remember any that fit that description that flamed out.  There probably are, I just don't know of any. 

Do you?

No I don’t but I don’t follow FCS one bit. I just assume that most successful FCS coaches get a shot at moving up a tier or two to coach. Seems like the natural progression.  125 coaches there and this tweet focuses on 3 with FCS experience somewhere on their resume and declares it the hidden gem guarantee. I’m guessing for every “hit” there are 20 misses.  But no. I don’t know that for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

No I don’t but I don’t follow FCS one bit. I just assume that most successful FCS coaches get a shot at moving up a tier or two to coach. Seems like the natural progression.  125 coaches there and this tweet focuses on 3 with FCS experience somewhere on their resume and declares it the hidden gem guarantee. I’m guessing for every “hit” there are 20 misses.  But no. I don’t know that for sure. 

I mean, you could say that about any "FBS experience:required" HC hires

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Hire Chryst as an analyst right now!

Yup 100%....that dude is likely soooo pissed that he would jump at a chance to do some conference damage to Wisky...specifically, inter conference. Although I would assume on his buy out there is a clause against that 

Bonus for him: He likely doesn't have to change 50% of his wardrobe colors.

• Plus1 1