Who should our next HC be?

man o man, I wish Frost woulda worked out here. What a 25 yr career we coulda enjoyed w him. Just could NOT get over the hump.  Actually  the last 2-3 weeks I’m even a little more sad now than when they announced. But I’m on board w it. 

I think, unfortunately most of the coaches remaining here are DOA w new staff. (Maybe keep MJ, Busch, to a lesser extent Whip ‘age’) 

im not gonna suggest any names cuz I don’t know what others know, but we need a coach who gets both Linemen in order ASAP.  That, honestly is our way back. I’d prefer an offensive guy who most of all values Oline (just ghastly nasty players), overall team toughness, and an attacking D.

FROST! FROST…why o why. 

on to the next 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Of course he was retained mostly because of his relationship with Nebraska power brokers.

His resume' was better than good though.  An undefeated season in your second year as a head coach will skyrocket your stock.

True.  Especially after a lot of folks (myself included) wanted him back as Co-OC with Bo and Beck.  But (IIRC) Frost wanted to be the sole OC.  NO way NU passed on him.  No way he passed on NU.....No idea who we go after.  So far looks like NU, Wisky and Auburn (possibly)  now looking....

I’m starting not to think about other coaches. There’s something inherit-ably likable about the three misfits in charge.

the gratitude and selflessness is refreshing. And if Trev walks in one day and relieves them of their duties, not one of them will have regrets.   

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Not even being considered 

Why do you say that? Surely if Mickey does well he will be considered strongly. I do think it is an uphill climb for him but if we can’t get the next guy for whatever reason then Mickey may work out. But he has to first do well and show he has what it takes. I personally think we need a homerun and would only pay big for a homerun. If we pay big for a single or double probaby not worth it.

1 hour ago, I am I said:

Also, I’ve seen little hits here and there that Davison needs to go. 
What is the word on this and why? Forgive me if I’m behind the times on the chirp…

SF’s bestie, party pal, and reportedly all around douche. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
35 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Why do you say that? Surely if Mickey does well he will be considered strongly. I do think it is an uphill climb for him but if we can’t get the next guy for whatever reason then Mickey may work out. But he has to first do well and show he has what it takes. I personally think we need a homerun and would only pay big for a homerun. If we pay big for a single or double probaby not worth it.

Hasn't really lined up with what Trev has said publicly. I think it's going to be a guy with ties to the midwest. Campbell #1 then someone like Leipold if he turns the job down. Given the rumors that Trev had Campbell lined up at the end of last season and was rebuked by the big wigs it makes alot of sense. Dodd has already mentioned Campbell has interest, he's the top choice according to guys like Feldman & Thamel.

Lastly the search has been pretty quiet. I think Trev has his guy but we shall see.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, I am I said:

Also, I’ve seen little hits here and there that Davison needs to go. 
What is the word on this and why? Forgive me if I’m behind the times on the chirp…

Accomplice and enabler to Scott Frost. Horrible radio personality. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

Hasn't really lined up with what Trev has said publicly. I think it's going to be a guy with ties to the midwest. Campbell #1 then someone like Leipold if he turns the job down. Given the rumors that Trev had Campbell lined up at the end of last season and was rebuked by the big wigs it makes alot of sense. Dodd has already mentioned Campbell has interest, he's the top choice according to guys like Feldman & Thamel.

Lastly the search has been pretty quiet. I think Trev has his guy but we shall see.

These sort of communications have been going on a long, long while.  I don't think that he's been drumming up a lot of interest. At least not much that is deserving of consideration. We cannot afford another dud.  Trev had better hope that he can at least get Lance Leipold. Campbell or O'brien won't get it done. 

43 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

That’s absurd. If Mickey does well and he goes and hires a mediocre coach he will have a mutiny on his hands from the players and the fans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Husker816 said:

Sure whatever 

Sorry that's a fact. Husker Fans right now want MJ bc they can see a true leader on the sidelines. He doesn't sugarcoat anything and all the kids on the team definitely want as their coach. If MJ does do well and doesn't get offered the job then Nebraska as a state will become unglued. What husker fan is out there right now saying I'd go with Campbell right now over MJ. You be dumb to say that. Yes MJ as a head coach is less experienced but I bet you my whole paycheck that MJ could and would be able to sell the program more bc of his own experiences also they are both developers as well. One could argue that MJ is a better one in that department as well go look at Ja'marr Chase as a recruit till the time he went into the draft. Results do not lie. Yes its a game by game basis for MJ but you can't tell me that he hasn't brought more fire and energy to the team.

• Fire 1

Αt this point, it is so hard to predict who our next coach will be now that annoying Wisconsin went and copied us again. It wasn’t bad enough that they stole our identity on football, but now they fire their coach two weeks after we fire ours and they are already going after the same coaches we are. However, it looks like Leipold is either playing hard to get or really not interested in either Nebraska or Wisconsin. Also, I do not think that Matt Campbell is the right coach for us. He seems like the 7-9 win a season type of coach and we want more or else why did we fire two coaches that were giving us that.

Unless Trev has an ace up his sleeve, the current situation will be interesting to follow. By the way, did anyone come up with any compelling reasons why Lane Kiffin will not want to come to Nebraska? Just wondering since we have so many gurus on this board.

4 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Αt this point, it is so hard to predict who our next coach will be now that annoying Wisconsin went and copied us again. It wasn’t bad enough that they stole our identity on football, but now they fire their coach two weeks after we fire ours and they are already going after the same coaches we are. However, it looks like Leipold is either playing hard to get or really not interested in either Nebraska or Wisconsin. Also, I do not think that Matt Campbell is the right coach for us. He seems like the 7-9 win a season type of coach and we want more or else why did we fire two coaches that were giving us that.

Unless Trev has an ace up his sleeve, the current situation will be interesting to follow. By the way, did anyone come up with any compelling reasons why Lane Kiffin will not want to come to Nebraska? Just wondering since we have so many gurus on this board.

Trev had his chance to shoot his shot with UM but likely never did it because he doesn't match the character/integrity/morals (or insert other BS word here) of this great state. I think he probably has his guy already picked out and it's likely Campbell although I think Rhule could throw a monkey wrench into things. 

Kiffin leaving his current position to come to Nebraska would be a step down. And again, the whole "lack of integrity" thing.

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1