Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Worthless Miracle

I didn't know there was such a thing :devil   Miracles seem to always be on the positive worthwhile side :koolaid2:   Let's expect a miracle that MJ leads the Huskers to a bowl game and with all wins from this point forward.  Sounds positive to me :smokin

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95249dc81cc9d738cca6

No Nebraska fan should ever have to ask this question.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Our record in one score games.

Our special teams play the 3 years prior to this year.

The fact we out recruit the West division but haven’t finished in even the top half.

All miraculous and bad.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait...so USC and LSU got their SECOND choices...who just happen to be coaches that have won big games and made it to the CFB playoff?

I am thinking that Callahan might be just a little bit wrong on that one.

Aranda was considered for LSU but probably only floated in rumors for USC.  

Maybe someone smart can start a thread on what it would cost to buyout some of these guys like Aranda, Kiffen, Campbell, Gundy, Fickell, Leipold, Dykes, etc.  That’s why I think it could still be a guy sitting in the sidelines and I would welcome that if it’s Meyer or even Petersen. Rhule could be open at year end too. Don’t sleep on Deion either. 

10 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Aranda was considered for LSU but probably only floated in rumors for USC.  

Maybe someone smart can start a thread on what it would cost to buyout some of these guys like Aranda, Kiffen, Campbell, Gundy, Fickell, Leipold, Dykes, etc.  That’s why I think it could still be a guy sitting in the sidelines and I would welcome that if it’s Meyer or even Petersen. Rhule could be open at year end too. Don’t sleep on Deion either. 

Of those mentioned, only Rhule is a possibility. I'd very much like Petersen. I just don't think that he's interested in returning to coaching. Sanders has a lot of intangibles although is lacking experience at this level. 

We might be getting Billy O'Brien or Jake Dickert at Washington State...I'm not getting my hopes too far up. 

9 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

What a stupid thing to say. He’s coached two freaking games. Of course Alberts is continuing to pursue other options…we don’t know how the rest of the season will play out. But rest assured IF Mickey were to say, get us to a bowl, then he would absolutely be at the top of the list AND be getting pursued by other schools. 

There's coordinators that are candidates who've coaches zero games that makes your rebuttal stupid

• Haha 7
2 hours ago, Husker816 said:

If Joesph were such a great coach he not only would be at the top of Alberts list but other schools would reach out to him. 

Every coach who's ever had a successful career had one place give them a chance before anyone else did. 

"If Mike Kryzewski was such a great coach in 1975 he would've gotten hired by somewhere better than Army." See how dumb that sounds? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2

What is the relationship between Mickey and Coach O? 

I've long been the driver of the Matt Campbell bus, but am coming around to Mickey being the guy. Having a coach of color in a place like Nebraska is bigger than it appears combined with his ability to recruit and connect with players like no one we have seen in some time. 

If Mickey can build a staff, with which, by his relationship building abilities, there is no reason to doubt, he very well may be the guy. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
10 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I know he meets with TO every Monday morning to get a recap of the game and what he saw since he respects TO's opinion. Leads me to think he values his input.

My fault. Totally didn't connect the two. I was referring to Ed Orgeron

• Haha 1