Who should our next HC be?

3 hours ago, lo country said:

He might be a great DC, but not a good/great HC.  A lot of guys are better when soley focused on one area.  Maybe Brent is that guy.  

I wonder if Lincoln went to USC to avoid the SEC and/or he new that his player quality was declining and Texas, Baylor, OSU, TCU were on the rise and his road to a championship would be harder in the Big XII

Lincoln Riley took all the talented offensive players with him to USC and OU lost some key defenders to the NFL last season.  Basically Riley sabotaged OU and I do think that OU was on the decline as well

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Campbell is out.  His leverage is gone as ISU is underperforming a lot.

What the hell Venables?  Looks like that guy is DC only material. Bob Stoops may coach again and prove all you naysayers wrong!  

The homeruns are still out there.  Meyer, Aranda, Kiffen, Petersen.

Fickell and Dykes stock are still in tact.

I guess we can get in a pissing match with Wisconsin for Leipold but I don’t think Leipold can recruit at the level we need. 

Don’t sleep on Deion!  The recruiting alone is worth it. Keep MJ and Busch.

If you think that Leipold is not a good enough recruiter, you are slapping our resources and money in the face.  He has recruited decent being in only his second season at KU and really his first season of having his recruits since he started late after recruiting was done already when hired.  The issue is going to be if Mickey wins two more games and he doesn't get the job.  No one will want this job if they have to retain the interim guy who the players like alot and have played hard for since Frosty was shown the door.  Basically Leipold can coach, if you win games that improves recruiting on its own.  I wouldn't sleep on him just yet.  But again, even he wouldn't want this gig if he has to retain the interim guy that wins 4 games.

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

If you think that Leipold is not a good enough recruiter, you are slapping our resources and money in the face.  He has recruited decent being in only his second season at KU and really his first season of having his recruits since he started late after recruiting was done already when hired.  The issue is going to be if Mickey wins two more games and he doesn't get the job.  No one will want this job if they have to retain the interim guy who the players like alot and have played hard for since Frosty was shown the door.  Basically Leipold can coach, if you win games that improves recruiting on its own.  I wouldn't sleep on him just yet.  But again, even he wouldn't want this gig if he has to retain the interim guy that wins 4 games.

• Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I have a suspicion that Leipold is going to Wisconsin, it just seems that there's more going on than not wanting to lose Leonhard.

16 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

I don’t think kids in CA or FL even know what a Lance Leipold is. I think he is a good coach but we need recruiting. All the guys making plays this year are new players transferred into the program.  I want a big time national name in here. This is mini pro football with all the money nowadays. Campbell and Leipold will ceiling out with talent they can bring here. 

This is the question that I am sure many are asking yourselves right now:  How do we root for our team even if we think that Mickey might not be the best fit as a full time head coach?  Not saying I don't want him or saying that I do want him.  The thing is are we setting ourselves and the kids up for a big letdown if Mickey isn't retained and ends up winning 5 or 6 games?  Who would want to coach this team and do it having to retain Mickey or Busch?  Almost seems like a lose, lose situation to some points.  I hope for the kids sake they make a bowl game.  I hope that they get what they deserve in the long run.  Just asking a serious but not serious question. 

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I don’t think kids in CA or FL even know what a Lance Leipold is. I think he is a good coach but we need recruiting. All the guys making plays this year are new players transferred into the program.  I want a big time national name in here. This is mini pro football with all the money nowadays. Campbell and Leipold will ceiling out with talent they can bring here. 

you are correct but I’ll be shocked if we get a “big time”/“home run” hire. Of course we’ll be Debbie Downers if we aren’t fans of the hire, just like when Riley was hired 

3 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This is the question that I am sure many are asking yourselves right now:  How do we root for our team even if we think that Mickey might not be the best fit as a full time head coach?  Not saying I don't want him or saying that I do want him.  The thing is are we setting ourselves and the kids up for a big letdown if Mickey isn't retained and ends up winning 5 or 6 games?  Who would want to coach this team and do it having to retain Mickey or Busch?  Almost seems like a lose, lose situation to some points.  I hope for the kids sake they make a bowl game.  I hope that they get what they deserve in the long run.  Just asking a serious but not serious question. 

I can only speak for myself.  

There’s, fan me.  

and, there’s 

realistic, me. 

They frequently disagree. 

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

There are plenty of coaches that can recruit to Nebraska”

”Examples?”

”…”

You seem to make a lot of the same comments I make in regards to needing recruiting to make Nebraska a national destination.  

Meyer

Deion

Kiffen

Gundy

Aranda 

I think these are the guys who can get it done nationally.

Next tier is like Fickell, Rhule, and Petersen.

Dykes gets you TX.

i don’t know what Leipold or Campbell gets you other than Wisconsin or Iowa. Weaken our opponents recruiting base I suppose?

This is narrow thinking in my opinion. Yay, we beat Iowa in that recruiting battle!  But oh s#!t, here comes USC into town.

Small time days are over, gotta think B1G!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1