Who should our next HC be?

12 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Architecture/Construction industry. We use a similar process with a company that has their recruiters reach out to potential office candidates for us, utilizing our job description  without sharing our company name to gauge interest in our position to keep it discreet. The recruiter will then present their findings to us and we look over their resumes and their conversation with the recruiter and decide if we want to take it further. Its nothing set in stone and mainly information gathering to make sure we hit the ground running if a change is made versus trying to react and possibly have down time by a rash decision. 

Completely different industry for sure, but a handy method if necessary. 

That is commonplace in my experience also and I have been in several different industries over the years. Doesn’t always work out, but when I have to let people go, I always try to get the replacement lined up in advance 

4 hours ago, Micheal said:

With Matt Rhule now being available after being fired from the Carolina Panthers, does he seem like a good fit? Was able to twice get teams to good records at Temple and Baylor. 

His NFL record was not good but that can be said for many other college power 5 coaches. 

I was a little excited when I saw he had been released by the Panthers. As I looked up his numbers , his 3 recruiting classes at Baylor were #39 - #29 - #40. He was able to attract a lot of Texas kids which would be much more difficult from Lincoln Nebraska. Plus the dude will make $864,000 a month from Carolina for 4 1/2 years if he doesn't take a job somewhere. Is he motivated to jump in with both feet and rebuild this program or does he need a year to recharge his batteries raking in money hand over fist. Now if he would agree to work for a dollar a year and let Carolina pick up the tab and allow him to get two great well paid coordinators then we might be able to make something work. Another plus would be NIL which he didn't have at Baylor or Temple. NIL has brought in some good skill people this spring and summer but both O and D line still need help.

2 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

Well, I don't know.....Abraham Lincoln was a big supporter of the internet being a library of truth.

It’s a library alright. Facts, fiction and everything in between. 

Myths are like dandelion seeds. A couple of plants then before you know it the whole lawn is filled with them!

On 9/17/2022 at 12:09 PM, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

I just...I have to say it and face the backlash...I think I'm realizing winning at football is not a goal of the admin anymore.  And hasn't been for at least 2 decades and going.  prove me wrong, Trev.  Please prove me to be an idiot.  I want to be one in this case.

To be fair the leadership from the AD on down has been less than stellar the last 10 years. Moos and Eichorst were dumpster fires. One stuck his finger in the air to see what the popular opinions were and the other chose to hire a coach who was just the opposite of the coach who stole his lunch money. I'm still pi$$ed at the high recommendation Barry Alvarez gave for Eich. He knew exactly what he would do to the Husker programs. Like you I do hope Trev can break the cycle of hiring underwhelming head coaches.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

To be fair the leadership from the AD on down has been less than stellar the last 10 years. Moos and Eichorst were dumpster fires. One stuck his finger in the air to see what the popular opinions were and the other chose to hire a coach who was just the opposite of the coach who stole his lunch money. I'm still pi$$ed at the high recommendation Barry Alvarez gave for Eich. He knew exactly what he would do to the Husker programs. Like you I do hope Trev can break the cycle of hiring underwhelming head coaches.

Anyone who passes out copies of The Energy Bus to everyone in their office is suspect in my view (Eichorst). I got a chuckle learning that.  It’s something that might be given to adolescents at summer camp. It’s a nifty positivity book without a lot of depth. Mr. Sunshine probably would’ve been better off promoting listening and effective conflict resolution during his tenure.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's a fun scene, but I never for a moment bought that Nicholson's character would walk into such an obvious trap. 

Aaron Sorkin loves speeches that no one would give in real life. 

Was it a play first, or second, I can't remember.  Maybe it was already written that way?  I don't know...

But yeah, you are right, the way he walked into it was sort of lame.  But it gave us good lines!