Who should our next HC be?

7 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

For what it's worth.

The laugh isn’t directed at you…

Isn’t this the same guy that spewed a bunch of nonsense at the end of last season that he ended up apologizing for? I don’t think he is a credible source.

• TBH 2
12 minutes ago, M.A. said:

The laugh isn’t directed at you…

Isn’t this the same guy that spewed a bunch of nonsense at the end of last season that he ended up apologizing for? I don’t think he is a credible source.

May have been, I don't know. Hence my "For what it's worth". Figured something new in these circular discussions wouldn't hurt.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

May have been, I don't know. Hence my "For what it's worth". Figured something new in these circular discussions wouldn't hurt.

I don’t think it’s to that extent although I do think they’re going to roll some serious money. 

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

For what it's worth. Compared to the overwhelming lack of development compared to other teams with seemingly lower ranked classes this would make sense I guess.

This assumes that whoever the HC wants will require that kind of money, but the appropriate quality staff members need to be identified by a keen eye first. 

Frost bringing the entire staff from UCF wasn't a money issue. He had plenty in the budget. But those were the guys he wanted, and they all got fat raises. A bigger pool of money wouldn't have brought better assistants, it would have just given bigger paychecks to the crappy assistants.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

This assumes that whoever the HC wants will require that kind of money, but the appropriate quality staff members need to be identified by a keen eye first. 

Frost bringing the entire staff from UCF wasn't a money issue. He had plenty in the budget. But those were the guys he wanted, and they all got fat raises. A bigger pool of money wouldn't have brought better assistants, it would have just given bigger paychecks to the crappy assistants.

Money for assistants is a pretty common ask from prospective head coaches. The more we’re willing to commit to, the more enticing the job. I’ve mentioned this before, but it’s a seller’s market for elite coaches and anything we can do like that, the better. Much like not restricting what assistants have to be retained, it sweetens the deal when the new guy knows he’ll have plenty of resources to hire the best staff he can.