Who should our next HC be?

39 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I am not rooting for Campbell to get the nod at HC down in Lincoln, but the hate on this board has gone completely overboard. Campbell has taken a turd and shined it up as nice as you can at Iowa State. He has his knocks sure, but what he does is produce some NFL talent and his lines are always tough. If he had the monetary support of a University like Nebraska I think he would thrive tbh. My knocks and why I don't have Campbell in my top five (still disappointed Trev hasn't confided in me for what I think) are the fact he doesn't have a full time special teams coach and there is a good chance he doesn't bring Mickey with him. I know there is a chance of the ladder with all the candidates with the exception of Aranda as I am assuming he would keep Mickey and Busch to be major parts of his new staff. Calling Campbell trash, however is inaccurate to say the least. 

In 125 years of football at Iowa St Campbell has 3/5 most winnings season there...in 6 years of being there. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, husker009 said:

They have excellent NIL support, though. They payed $30 million for their last recruiting class, which was the number one class. You would think he would be able to win something with that.

So that #1 class are all freshman then. You need at least a few of those types of classes back to back

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What makes you think that Klieman is any better at recruiting than Campbell?

Klieman is 5-1. Campbell is 3-4. Campbell’s best season came during the COVID year while Klieman is doing well in a year where there isn’t a global pandemic. Every team ISU faced in 2020 was riddled with injuries while ISU’s key players stayed relatively healthy. I can look past Klieman’s recruiting at K-State because he manages to actually maximize the talent he has, unlike Campbell. Plus, Manhattan is a dump so I don’t expect him to recruit well there.

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Funny how the Deion brigade brushes this off him being involved in running a sham high school.

According to them it was totally Deion’s business partners, not him.

His interview in the segment below turned me off from him, and I was an intrigued party prior. Calling this guy out for not being himself is super hypocritical from a guy who openly admits he has created multiple personas over the years to help generate fame and success. We all have our, "hang out with our friends," vibe, and also our, "I am at work talking with clients," vibe. They aren't the same and that is perfectly acceptable. 

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-awkward-video-of-reporter-deion-sanders-going-viral

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

In 125 years of football at Iowa St Campbell has 3/5 most winnings season there...in 6 years of being there. 

Just because the bar is low at Iowa State does not mean Campbell should get significant credit. Last year proved that his 2020 season was a fluke. In regular years, he’s an 8-win coach at best. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

IMO the negativity is largely coming from a “what have you done for me lately” mentality. ISU has a good chance to not be bowl eligible this year and finish at or below .500… two years removed from nearly winning a conference championship. Not saying it’s fair or unfair, but it also doesn’t look great optically. In fact, at this point, I think hiring Campbell would get a lot of Riley comparisons. 

5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

In what way did I cherry pick?

You didn't, I did. But if we're not going to give credit to Deion for his FCS success, we certainly can't give Leipold credit for his D3 success. Simply pointing out that for 2 guys who have taken over dumpster fire D1 programs, Deion has a much better record than Leipold. Comparing on the field and recruiting results, Leipold looks pretty average, honestly. And I actually think Leipold is a pretty good coach and wouldn't be completely opposed to him if we hired him.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So that #1 class are all freshman then. You need at least a few of those types of classes back to back

Prior to this year, A&M had at least a top ten recruiting class the previous five years. Jimbo just can’t thrive in a league where actual men play. Going from Wake Forest to Alabama and Georgia being the toughest opponents on the schedule is quite the leap. 

49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, Trev probably reached out to them, but doesn't mean that Trev has settled on him.  I have seen things on Twitter from a few NU media members saying that NU fans will like the hire, based on name alone.  I don't know who they are exactly saying, but this is leaning toward a bigger name (Chris Petersen).  Mike'l Severe has stated that he really likes Leipold, but he doesn't think Trev hires Leipold.

Honestly I don't trust too many Nebraska media members. I've seen some of their favorites and they're pretty much opposite of mine. I'd be elated if it were Petersen, but that just seems too good to be true.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

21 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

His interview in the segment below turned me off from him, and I was an intrigued party prior. Calling this guy out for not being himself is super hypocritical from a guy who openly admits he has created multiple personas over the years to help generate fame and success. We all have our, "hang out with our friends," vibe, and also our, "I am at work talking with clients," vibe. They aren't the same and that is perfectly acceptable. 

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-awkward-video-of-reporter-deion-sanders-going-viral

Him and Deion are friends. They were joking with each other 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/18/2022 at 10:46 AM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Again, moving from Ole Miss to Nebraska would be a step down and make no sense

Not saying he's the guy, but it makes a WHOLE LOT of sense. Coaches are in it for the money, at the end of the day. They make moves when their "stock" is highest. Right now he has Ole Miss undefeated, at the top of SEC West, with the #3 (Tied with Tennessee) "Points For" in the SEC (6 points behind Georgia) combined with a "Points Against" that is #4 in the SEC  (6 better than Alabama). His stock may never be higher in a tough conference. He also would likely LOVE being "the guy" for a team that has a whole State to itself. You know he'd love to play before a home crowd in a sellout Memorial Stadium.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Not saying he's the guy, but it makes a WHOLE LOT of sense. Coaches are in it for the money, at the end of the day. They make moves when their "stock" is highest. Right now he has Ole Miss undefeated, at the top of SEC West, with the #3 (Tied with Tennessee) "Points For" in the SEC (6 points behind Georgia) combined with a "Points Against" that is #4 in the SEC  (6 better than Alabama). His stock may never be higher in a tough conference. He also would likely LOVE being "the guy" for a team that has a whole State to itself. You know he'd love to play before a home crowd in a sellout Memorial Stadium.

Other than each school's current state would it be a step down. Nebraska has a  bigger budget, better NIL, fan support and is not in a conference where if things are in order, would be at 8th in the pecking order. That's not even counting OU and Texas. Ole Miss' recruiting hasn't been much better, some years it's been worse. Any location advantage OM has is eliminated by other teams in their conference, with better resources, that take their in state talent.

I too am not saying he's the guy either.