Who should our next HC be?

Aranda and Petersen both have won conference titles, unlike Campbell. He’s just not a good big game coach. And before another person says “well, he’s at Iowa State,” how many conference titles were Washington and Baylor winning before Petersen and Aranda showed up? The Campbell sexuals are already making excuses for their man. Some coaches have the clutch gene, but Campbell instead has the choke gene. Simply go look at all the different ways he’s found to lose to Iowa during his tenure at ISU. The sad thing is that ISU was probably the better team in at least 4 of those games. He also has a bunch of one-score loses, so I guess that’s why some on this board love him. Guess he brings nostalgia. This choke artist would be a disaster of a hire. 

9 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Aranda and Petersen both have won conference titles, unlike Campbell. He’s just not a good big game coach. And before another person says “well, he’s at Iowa State,” how many conference titles were Washington and Baylor winning before Petersen and Aranda showed up? The Campbell sexuals are already making excuses for their man. Some coaches have the clutch gene, but Campbell instead has the choke gene. Go look at all the different ways he’s found to lose to Iowa during his tenure at ISU. He also has a bunch of one-score loses, so I guess that’s why some on this board love him. Guess he brings nostalgia. This choke artist would be a disaster of a hire.

petersen >>>>> aranda

Sorry, just not getting the love for aranda. At All. He’s in a recruiting hotbed, hasn’t recruited for s#!t, had one good year with Rhule’s players when the Big 12 was down, and he’s probably not making a bowl this year. How is he supposed to improve Nebraska?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

petersen >>>>> aranda

Sorry, just not getting the love for aranda. At All. He’s in a recruiting hotbed, hasn’t recruited for s#!t, had one good year with Rhule’s players when the Big 12 was down, and he’s probably not making a bowl this year. How is he supposed to improve Nebraska?

Aranda won the Big 12 title game with a backup QB last year. He completely ruined Okie State’s playoff hopes. Pretty impressive if you ask me. It tells me that he gets the most out of the talent he gets, which is something NU has not had in a while.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Aranda won the Big 12 title game with a backup QB last year. He completely ruined Okie State’s playoff hopes. Pretty impressive if you ask me. It tells me that he gets the most out of the talent he gets, which is something NU has not had in a while.

How does he plan on getting the talent? He can’t get it in Texas. You think he’ll somehow magically be able to get it in Nebraska? And he doesn’t seem to be getting more out of his talent this year.

You have to look at the context. He barely won a Big 12 Championship ( beat a team that had already beat him in the regular season and lost to a 5-7 TCU team)  when OU and UT we’re both down. Sark was in his first year and Riley had a foot out the door.

And again, likely to not make a bowl this year. How is that good enough? He’s worse than Campbell and that’s saying a lot.

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

How does he plan on getting the talent? He can’t get it in Texas. You think he’ll somehow magically be able to get it in Nebraska? And he doesn’t seem to be getting more out of his talent this year.

You have to look at the context. He barely won a Big 12 Championship ( beat a team that had already beat him in the regular season and lost to a 5-7 TCU team)  when OU and UT we’re both down. Sark was in his first year and Riley had a foot out the door.

And again, likely to not make a bowl this year. How is that good enough? He’s worse than Campbell and that’s saying a lot.

Baylor had a lot of turnover this year. They lost their best running back and most of their defense from last year. They simply had too much turnover to be a legitimate team again this season. No matter how you slice it, winning a conference title in his second season at Baylor is quite impressive.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, M.A. said:

It's a teaser.  Adam doesn't really "know". He has a really good hunch. If he's wrong, there could be unfortunate ramifications associated with it. 

I know Adam really doesn't know. Bc if you think about it that whole twitter text was pointless. It didn't share anything it just lead people on to read it. Id rather have him not post anything at all.

5 hours ago, HANC said:

Is anyone else hearing Chris Peterson’s name becoming more prevalent? In response to Rick Nueheisal ESPNU comments and Adam Carriker’s post, a lot of replies believe it is Chris Peterson.

What were Rick Nueheisal ESPNU comments?  Also by reading Adam Carriker post why would anybody believe that it is Chris Petersen? Is anybody giving MJ a fair shot before the season is over to still become the coach? I listened to a 247 podcast today and all three guys on the show think, MJ still has a shot to prove to the university he should be the full time head cosch.

• Plus1 2

10 hours ago, hunnit said:

When does this become an upper management issue? Who is in charge of hiring the AD? The Huskers have had 4 coaches and 5 Athletic Directors since 2003. That is not a recipe for success at all. The entire Husker football organization is a mess. The coaches and the athletic directors are being used as scapegoats. 

They absolutely need to hit a home run with this next coach. If they don't they need to start looking at upper management. Why in the hell would they allow Steve Pederson to come in off the street and fire the head coach that had a better start to his career than Bob and Tom?

The huskers are a dumpster fire right now. s#!t rolls down hill. 

I have no problem with how Trev has handled the job. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

What were Rick Nueheisal ESPNU comments?  Also by reading Adam Carriker post why would anybody believe that it is Chris Petersen? Is anybody giving MJ a fair shot before the season is over to still become the coach? I listened to a 247 podcast today and all three guys on the show think, MJ still has a shot to prove to the university he should be the full time head cosch.

Don’t listen to podcasts on 247 or for that matter any other media. Keep in mind these were the same guys pumping the SF hype train the last couple of years knowing there were issues. They will pump the MJ train too because he is part of Nebraska. 

I have said forever use your own eyes. We were not good under SF and we are not good under MJ. Yes he was handed a mess. That is a good thing for him because the low hanging fruit. They still haven’t improved effort and technique at blocking or tackling and we have had some of our sloppiest play in the form of penalties, missed assignments and turnovers in the last part of this season. 

I sure hope Trev isn’t making decisions the way it seems our fans are. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, husker009 said:

Baylor had a lot of turnover this year. They lost their best running back and most of their defense from last year. They simply had too much turnover to be a legitimate team again this season. No matter how you slice it, winning a conference title in his second season at Baylor is quite impressive.

One could also view that as, now that he's starting to play with his own recruits (aka not Rhule's), he's not very good. His recruiting classes at Baylor have been #37 and #41...in Texas. He's got a 59% winning percentage and he took over a program in great shape. Baylor was ranked in the top 15 the year prior before Rhule went to the NFL. So, it certainly isn't like he's shown he can rebuild a program. He might end up being great, but he's a long shot at best. Far from being a "home run" as I've seen him referred to here. And nowhere near warrants being mentioned in the same sentence with Chris Petersen. Their resumes aren't even comparable.

• Plus1 1