Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, HANC said:

No, he just said he knows for a FACT that Nebraska has reached out to another coach.  People who replied were assuming he was talking about CP.  

We're over a month into a coaching search and we've reached out to another coach? Jeez, that's really going out on a limb there, Nuehesial.

No clue why people would be reading Petersen from that comment. Because they're both broadcasters? They're not even at the same network.

4 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

We're over a month into a coaching search and we've reached out to another coach? Jeez, that's really going out on a limb there, Nuehesial.

No clue why people would be reading Petersen from that comment. Because they're both broadcasters? They're not even at the same network.

They were both Washington head coaches…..hmmmm.

7 hours ago, husker009 said:

Aranda and Petersen both have won conference titles, unlike Campbell. He’s just not a good big game coach. And before another person says “well, he’s at Iowa State,” how many conference titles were Washington and Baylor winning before Petersen and Aranda showed up? The Campbell sexuals are already making excuses for their man. Some coaches have the clutch gene, but Campbell instead has the choke gene. Simply go look at all the different ways he’s found to lose to Iowa during his tenure at ISU. The sad thing is that ISU was probably the better team in at least 4 of those games. He also has a bunch of one-score loses, so I guess that’s why some on this board love him. Guess he brings nostalgia. This choke artist would be a disaster of a hire. 

I got no problem with Petersen, but to answer your question, Baylor had won the conference 2 years straight before the whole Art Briles rape thing. And just three years after it, Rhule won the division. Baylor's not the doormat of the Big 12 they once were. Aranda and Campbell seem pretty equal to me, only difference is Campbell has a larger body of work.

47 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

I guess. Seems like a bit of a reach to me. Could be anyone Nuehesial is referring to. And again, of course Nebraska has reached out to some coaches. At least I hope we have by this point.

What doesn't make sense with his comment is that he said, (if I remember right) I know they have reached out to at least 6 coaches because I know for a fact they have reached out to one".  Not sure how he put that together.

But, I'm sure they have reached out to that many coaches.

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'll be happier than a puppy with two peckers if it's Petersen

He has a good body of work for sure, but what makes him a good hire over the others?  I do like him as he appears to be a no nonsense fundamental type of coach that NU hasn't had in forever.  Just wonder if it will be the "wow" hire to move the recruiting meter.

10 hours ago, lo country said:

@84HuskerLaw  After thinking about it, Tim Beck.  Nebraska, Ohio St, Texas.  As of late, OC at NC State.  He's our guy.  If he'd bring Marvin Sanders back I'd be all N:D

You're gonna have to hope someone shredded the credit card receipts to get Marvin Sanders back at Nebraska.