Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im only joking don't take it to heart. I wasn't being serious.

Came in strong just tired of the nonchalant attitude toward that behaviour but I understand jokes are just jokes

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Im only joking don't take it to heart. I wasn't being serious.

Came in strong just tired of the nonchalant attitude toward that behaviour but I understand jokes are just jokes

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Just don't think the comment 'if he can get tail at 58 grind away' is appropriate considering he is married. But thats just me. Frankly him physically assualting his players is more concerning to me as a football coach. 

Do you honestly feel that he so called physical assaulted his football players? If he so called kicked the kicker don't you think he should have gotten sued??? Nothing came from out of that.

1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you honestly feel that he so called physical assaulted his football players? If he so called kicked the kicker don't you think he should have gotten sued??? Nothing came from that. 

To me from what I took away from it was lets so called keep dragging his name in the mudd. He was already fired then you take the opportunity to keep dragging him. Totally unnecessary. If there was any substantial evidence he would be charged with simple assault but he didn't so it was all for nothing.

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think as long as your not physically hurting anyone is none of my dam business.  

Exactly!!!! Great point.  But bc Urban Meyer is out there doing that in the public eye it gives the people the right to chime in. No it doesn't.  Nobody has a clue how their marriage is.  I learned a valuable lesson from my mom when I was younger if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it. 

7 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

To me from what I took away from it was lets so called keep dragging his name in the mudd. He was already fired then you take the opportunity to keep dragging him. Totally unnecessary. If there was any substantial evidence he would be charged with simple assault but he didn't so it was all for nothing.

First of all, you replied to your own quote again. You need to be more careful about switching between your sock accounts.

Secondly, you are talking about "substantial evidence" and "simple assault," but that would all require the kicker to pursue it as a crime. The kicker did file a lawsuit for hostile work environment, by the way, but I don't know what came of it or if it would even be successful. But the point of the story is that UM is a scumbag, which certainly has been substantiated. If I recall, the kicking incident was also accompanied by some verbal abuse and threats as well. 

Thirdly, even though I know that winning forgives many ills, I am still in the camp that says character matters. College football players, even at a big business program like Nebraska, are all kids, most of whom will not get to the NFL and all of whom are still trying to learn about life. Molding young athletes into responsible men is still an important job of a coach in my mind.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think as long as your not physically hurting anyone is none of my dam business.  

Opinions are like ….donuts.  We are used to paying coaches not to coach- so why not!  Add some legal judgements in there too!  

seriously- the character of the coach does matter- especially at a mid west conservative school. There are good coaches that can keep their dickies caged.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
22 hours ago, notcorn said:

Link?

No link needed, just living in reality. First, Sanders just doesn't have the resume, very unlikely Trev will think he's qualfied. Dude has two seasons coaching in FCS, and we're talking the SWAC here, not even like he coaches in the Missouri Valley against the better FCS teams. Second, hiring Sanders would piss-off WAY too many people with money and power. Why did Frost get another season when it was obvious Trev didn't really believe in the move? Because folks with stroke wanted to give Frost another season. The folks that keep the program flush are more important than ever in the NIL era and Trev needs a hire that will make a lot of them happy so the money keeps flowing. Third, it would be Trev's career on the line, if he makes this risky hire and it doesn't work-out he will not get to make another one. There's too much going against the move for it to happen. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Exactly!!!! Great point.  But bc Urban Meyer is out there doing that in the public eye it gives the people the right to chime in. No it doesn't.  Nobody has a clue how their marriage is.  I learned a valuable lesson from my mom when I was younger if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it. 

It will not be your problem- it will be the university’s problem though.

We’re going to spend a lot money and I think we can reasonable expect a coach to not be banging the students. Text book harassment. I hope if that happens she/they get a lawsuit equal to the coaches buyout. Particularly if we knew going into it they have a history of preying on the co-Ed’s. 

• Plus1 2

Knew Urban didn't run a clean program at Florida. Had no idea it was this bad. I thought in Nebraska we want our coaches to teach young men to not just be winners, but also winners in the game of life. 

image.png.db1ded2a891081a7c1d49aceab076699.png

Also find it funny people are clamoring for Lane Kiffin. He's the anti Urban Meyer. Urban despite his personality flaws wins everywhere he goes so he keeps getting chances. Kiffin ruins the program or screws over the school everywhere he goes and somehow keeps getting chances. It's pretty remarkable.

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know who would be really interesting. After listening him break down a game as an announcer and literally call the next play that was going to be run and absolutely break down the faults and how to attack each defense he's seen, I can't believe Tony Romo hasn't been given an opportunity or recruited to be a coach. 

Tony Romo is the worst, and that's coming from a Cowboys fan.  I don't like him as an announcer.  He was able to make all those predictions and break down a defense because he was so recently in the game.

That dude likes his easy money, and there is nothing wrong with that.  He has a great life where he is able to play golf 4-5 days a week. He isn't going to take on a job where he has to work long hours per week.

• TBH 1