Who should our next HC be?

8 hours ago, admo said:

Wow

In 24 hours, this thing went from page 334 to 349!  Before I rewind and go through it all, is it worth the trip?  Or nay?

:snacks:

Sure just look for my posts and you’ll get the real story:D

Just kidding. I think we’ve avoided renaming this as the Prime Time thread which is a good thing 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Just my personal observation and preference. I like watching the Costal offense and think it would be fun to watch at a higher level 

No arguments from me there.  Well executed option/veer/zone read offense is a total blast to watch.

21 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Why do people always go for the negative towards things?? It goes from grinding to automatically sleeping or towards that!!! Sounds to be like slander. Some of you guys are flat out wrong. Slander- Make false and damaging statements about someone. 

You were the one who mentioned pulling tail first man. YOU made that assumption first and that is the reason this whole conversation started in the first place.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 5
3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's a funny thing: for the past decade I've been preaching about how a big-name coach could attract elite talent to Lincoln, and others here have always told me that it doesn't matter who the coach is, we have too many disadvantages (weather, low talent producing state, etc.), not even Saban could recruit here. Yet now, people seem to agree with the sentiment that a big-name coach like Meyer or Deion were to be hired, that they could attract big-name talent. I'm not understanding.

Sure do like to try and make everything about you. Obviously a big name coach could bring in big recruits. That isn't some ground breaking take. Those guys are not coming here to coach. You can get recruits to Lincoln. Will it be a top 10-15 class probably not, but can pull top 20 classes. The development of the top talent they bring in is something that has plagued Nebraska for a long time. Hopefully they can find the right coach that can recruit and develop the talent they bring in.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Kiffin is the type of person that if NU hired him and he had success, he would leave for Alabama the minute the job opened. Just look what he did to Tennessee. His picture should be next to the word scum in every dictionary. 

you know he was born and raised in neb right? I think that if he were to come here he would stay 

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

you know he was born and raised in neb right? I think that if he were to come here he would stay 

A lot of people on here can’t stop talking about Urban’s character flaws, but they think Kiffin is fine when he is probably just as bad. I would much rather have Urban if NU is going to hire a douche.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, husker009 said:

A lot of people on here can’t stop talking about Urban’s character flaws, but they think Kiffin is fine when he is probably just as bad. I would much rather have Urban if NU is going to hire a douche.

Well, if UM were to be brought on here  (or any coaching job) I keep thinking that his indiscretions would be a sort of fall back story to bring up from time to time.  Perhaps that's why he would rather remain at Fox.