Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

I can somewhat understand the frustration, but Urban was not supposed to be the assistant’s parent either. To play devil’s advocate, Urban could have viewed the situation as it not being any of his business and simply assumed the situation would sort itself out. Not saying it’s right, but that’s how a lot of people think. The incident doesn’t even register on the scale of college football scandals either. How many times would you bet a similar situation has happened at other programs. I’d say it probably happens quite a bit, but it doesn’t always come to light.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Been listing to 93.7 the ticket and just about every talking head is saying if it Trev don’t hire Micky he shouldn’t be AD. Lots of callers are saying they will give up being a season ticket holder if Micky isn’t named head man 

I don't get this thought at all.  I think it's a vocal minority though.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, husker009 said:

I can somewhat understand the frustration, but Urban was not supposed to be the assistant’s parent either. To play devil’s advocate, Urban could have viewed the situation as it not being any of his business and simply assumed the situation would sort itself out. Not saying it’s right, but that’s how a lot of people think. The incident doesn’t even register on the scale of college football scandals either. How many times would you bet a similar situation has happened at other programs. I’d say it probably happens quite a bit, but it doesn’t always come to light.

This sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Joe Paterno turned a blind eye to Sandusky's pedophilia, was that "ok" because Paterno wasnt Sandusky's father? If not, then how do we use that excuse for Urban's behavior?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Been listing to 93.7 the ticket and just about every talking head is saying if it Trev don’t hire Micky he shouldn’t be AD. Lots of callers are saying they will give up being a season ticket holder if Micky isn’t named head man 

Trev needs to hire the right person for the job instead of listening to fans. Fan choices got us a hothead on the sidelines and also gave us Scott Frost and his 4 losing seasons.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

Saw another mention of PJ Fleck. Look, I don't give a crap if he's annoying if he can win.

8 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

There's a lot of idiots in this fanbase. Look, I appreciate what Mickey has done, but he hasn't wowed me.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

Saw another mention of PJ Fleck. Look, I don't give a crap if he's annoying if he can win.

There's a lot of idiots in this fanbase. Look, I appreciate what Mickey has done, but he hasn't wowed me.

I get it Trev needs to hire the right guy and make the home run but you can’t tell me that some fans and boosters have their ears on the ground and don’t have enough pull to throw an uproar for Micky saying because he’s black is why Trev went with a different coach 

2 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Just strictly my own opinion here. I think there are some boosters that delayed the firing of Frost and instead of him being canned after last season Trev pushed the envelope to this season and Frost failed again and the boosters caved. I believe that Trev came in to be AD and will not be a puppet moving forward. I don't think he would take the job to be someone's puppet, he never has been and he never will be. If the uneducated fan base calling for Joseph to be named the coach "Right" now decides to give up tickets then they are part of the problem and they can go away. The team and the true fans will be better off without them. I see some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter and my head starts spinning.  I am rooting like hell for Mickey, and I appreciate everything he is doing, but where did common sense go? I may not agree with some peoples ideas for head coach, but at the end of the day I will support anyone who is named the HC even though I like to have fun with who I think fits best. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, talaricohusker said:

I get it Trev needs to hire the right guy and make the home run but you can’t tell me that some fans and boosters have their ears on the ground and don’t have enough pull to throw an uproar for Micky saying because he’s black is why Trev went with a different coach 

I don't doubt that such a claim would be raised. I'd be very much more willing to hear it out if say Mickey was undefeated since taking over. He has definitely brought some good things, there's been improvement. I just don't feel very wow'd. He got two close wins against two mediocre teams.

To be sure, there's only so much he can do with the team as is, and I consider that as well in my evaluation. I think he if he had pulled off the win over Purdue, I'd be much more inclined to say keep him. It sucks but we've been bad for so long, this season has to be treated as a trial run for him.

Look, he has five more opportunities to show something, assuming a hire is not made in the meantime. All of these are big boy games too I'd say. He wins three of them, I'd say, yeah, I'd keep him.

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

This sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Joe Paterno turned a blind eye to Sandusky's pedophilia, was that "ok" because Paterno wasnt Sandusky's father? If not, then how do we use that excuse for Urban's behavior?

Paterno and Sandusky were good buddies. It’s been reported that Sandsuky told Paterno that he had been having suggestive interactions with children. Urban may not have known for sure if the incident really happened or not and didn’t want to ruin Smith’s life over it. I don’t expect Urban to be  constantly staring through the window of the Smith family’s living room and hit the window yelling “stop” before hands are about to be thrown. 

4 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Just strictly my own opinion here. I think there are some boosters that delayed the firing of Frost and instead of him being canned after last season Trev pushed the envelope to this season and Frost failed again and the boosters caved. I believe that Trev came in to be AD and will not be a puppet moving forward. I don't think he would take the job to be someone's puppet, he never has been and he never will be. If the uneducated fan base calling for Joseph to be named the coach "Right" now decides to give up tickets then they are part of the problem and they can go away. The team and the true fans will be better off without them. I see some of the comments on Facebook and Twitter and my head starts spinning.  I am rooting like hell for Mickey, and I appreciate everything he is doing, but where did common sense go? I may not agree with some peoples ideas for head coach, but at the end of the day I will support anyone who is named the HC even though I like to have fun with who I think fits best. 

I totally agree with what your saying. I am rooting for Micky like hell too and he’s done way more with this team had it been any other person named interm head coach. Look at the Badgers they are losing the team and many have put in for the portal. I just hope Trev is ready for the back lash if Micky isn’t named the head coach and the head coach he named is white 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, husker009 said:

Paterno and Sandusky were good buddies. It’s been reported that Sandsuky told Paterno that he had been having suggestive interactions with children. Urban may not have known for sure if the incident really happened or not and didn’t want to ruin Smith’s life over it. I don’t expect Urban to be staring through the window of the Smith family’s living room and yell “stop” before hands are about to be thrown. 

According to Smith's wife, Urban was told about the abuse and did nothing. I'm not ok with that and I think it's kind of telling that you are still making excuses for Urban.

Heck, you even made an excuse for Paterno just now. That seems, disgusting.

• TBH 2