Who should our next HC be?

18 minutes ago, LennynSquiggy said:

I'll agree to disagree on this one.

I'll agree to disagree on this as well.

Why would you consider SF a "fan choice" hire when he was the top candidate at two other prestigious P5 colleges and was largely considered, by a majority of the college football world, a top coaching candidate that year?

• Plus1 5
37 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Callahan’s issue primarily was his defensive failures. He was too loyal to his buddy. The guy definitely fit the description of “grinder”. He spent considerable time in his office. Relating wasn’t his strong suit. Very good offensive line coach. Didn’t seem cut out to be a head coach though. 

Burn the boats...Restore the order....and the always classic, F'in Hillbillies.  What he lackedin coaching he made up in awesome quotes.

• Fire 1
On 10/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

I think I know who the mystery man is that checks ALL the boxes.   He knows the entire country in football experience, great on the field and the classroom, available immediately now, will almost certainly retain MJ and Busch having worked with both of them.  

Experience in Big Ten and Big 12.  
Understands the X & Os  and the Ps & Qs. 
A GRINDER. 
Hard working character guy. 
I don’t believe anyone has seriously mentioned his name as a candidate yet. 
Almost guaranteed fit in Lincoln.  Probably be a popular choice for some fans while others will take some time to come to like the success he can achieve.  It will be sustainable 

Can u guess him?   
i will reveal him tomorrow night if nobody gets it sooner.  

Not sure if you answered but my guess is Dave Doeren as he coached at Kansas and Wisconsin 

16 minutes ago, husker009 said:

I guess playing Purdue close and getting destroyed by Oklahoma along with a 2-2 record qualifies someone to be a head coach at NU according to most of our fans. 

"Most" of our fans are casuals that barely know what they're talking about. That's how "most" fans of any team are.

I also wouldn't take the prevailing opinions here, on the radio, or on Twitter and extrapolate that to the wider fan base. Most of the people who take the time to join a Husker message board are a minority of the base. And then some of them, like myself, are just obsessive nerds :lol:.

7 hours ago, husker009 said:

I can somewhat understand the frustration, but Urban was not supposed to be the assistant’s parent either. To play devil’s advocate, Urban could have viewed the situation as it not being any of his business and simply assumed the situation would sort itself out. Not saying it’s right, but that’s how a lot of people think. The incident doesn’t even register on the scale of college football scandals either. How many times would you bet a similar situation has happened at other programs. I’d say it probably happens quite a bit, but it doesn’t always come to light.

We had a whole thread on that case when it went down in 2018:

Urban Meyer knew about domestic abuse going on in his shop, and he failed to report it. He violated university policy and violated his contract. It wasn't the same as the atrocities at Penn State, Baylor, or Michigan State, but there is a commonality: he knew something and failed to report it. That is what happened in those other cases, when reporting could have prevented additional harm being done.

You are either ignorant to what actually happened in this case, or worse, you do know and you just don't care. Given your insane rants in this thread over the past few days, I am going with the latter. It appears that you are not only willing to excuse inappropriate and/or abusive behavior, but you are actually condoning it as well. In addition to other things we have seen about Meyer since this case unfolded, it is clear that he is a horrible person. 

Based on your rationalization of his behavior, your obvious shilling for Urban Meyer, your whataboutism with other coaches, and your various disgusting comments over the past few days, I can only conclude you should never ever be involved in any hiring or personnel decisions.

Edited by Enhance
Edited for language
  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
5 hours ago, Ulty said:

We had a whole thread on that case when it went down in 2018:

Urban Meyer knew about domestic abuse going on in his shop, and he failed to report it. He violated university policy and violated his contract. It wasn't the same as the atrocities at Penn State, Baylor, or Michigan State, but there is a commonality: he knew something and failed to report it. That is what happened in those other cases, when reporting could have prevented additional harm being done.

You are either ignorant to what actually happened in this case, or worse, you do know and you just don't care. Given your insane rants in this thread over the past few days, I am going with the latter. It appears that you are not only willing to excuse inappropriate and/or abusive behavior, but you are actually condoning it as well. In addition to other things we have seen about Meyer since this case unfolded, it is clear that he is a horrible person. 

Based on your rationalization of his behavior, your obvious shilling for Urban Meyer, your whataboutism with other coaches, and your various disgusting comments over the past few days, I can only conclude that you are also a horrible person and should never ever be involved in any hiring or personnel decisions.

So I’m terrible for acknowledging reality that football is a dirty game and the elite programs are typically dirty? Is that not true? Sports, like anything else that involves money, usually is filled with shady business. If you don’t like my opinions, you have the freedom to scroll past my comments and not subject yourself to them since they seem to make you miserable. Like you, I have the freedom to voice my opinion. Anyone who believes sports are clean is living in an alternate reality.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, husker009 said:

So I’m terrible for acknowledging reality that football is a dirty game and the elite programs are typically dirty?

No...it is the fact that you are openly advocating for it and want to stoop to the lowest level.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 1