Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah this is what I've been thinking if Aranda gets hired. I would love to have Grimes but I think it would be hard to bring him in and still have Mickey. Mateos would be great though. He has a history of producing great olineman and has coached under some great oline coaches.  

I wonder what kind of offense we would run if Mickey is the main OC with a whole off-season to implement. 

Joseph as OC might be a stretch.   He could be a guy that could “figure it out” if thrown into the fire and grow into the role.

I think it’d be a very Nebraska-like yet with considerable passing.

It’s hard to know what Jeff’s aspirations are. If both he and Mickey could be retained that’d be fabulous.

Now I’m getting sugarplums dancing in my head! Lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Joseph as OC might be a stretch.   He could be a guy that could “figure it out” if thrown into the fire and grow into the role.

I think it’d be a very Nebraska-like yet with considerable passing.

It’s hard to know what Jeff’s aspirations are. If both he and Mickey could be retained that’d be fabulous.

Now I’m getting sugar plums dancing in my head! Lol

I don’t want an OC to be figuring it out and learning on the fly. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Does that mean runningblind that if Nebraska would hire Aranda that your opinion might change on you seeing Nebraska maybe winning and turning things around? 

There is always hope for the future with a regime change, and Aranda has been successful other places. My opinion improved once we got rid of the Frost cancer!

Just now, runningblind said:

There is always hope for the future with a regime change, anf Aranda has been successful other places. My opinion improved once we got rid of the Frost cancer!

When Frost was fired I was very excited about a new guy coming in with a brand new staff and creating new life in the program. I didn’t have individual names for the next coach, but I was just excited about a brand, new fresh start. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Bret's 60 min "interview" can come next week.

I don't think we land Coleman without some stability with Mickey staying and an indication of a strong HC.

Agree.  With him to commit I'd think there is indiction that MJ will stay in some capacity.  Although MJ said a person commits to the team not a coach.  Not sure if that's true or not.

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Potentially, but Aranda has head coaching experience in a Power 5 program, along with multiple DC stops at Power 5 programs. Aranda is younger, but frankly his experience is more impressive than Mickey’s. 

I am not an Aranda fan because he hasn't done the dirty work at a program to get things rolling.  He inherited a good situation at Baylor.  Texas is much easier to recruit in than any other state.  They have talent hanging on trees, just pluck yours.  I don't like any of these so called candidates.  Being honest.  None of them wow me.  Everyone last year wanted Napier, he isn't winning at Florida yet, and they have talent galore.  Deboer isn't setting any Pac 12 records at Washington in his first year.......alll of these so called can't miss hires from a year ago haven't done alot yet either.  I think Florida is a culture issue and Napier might get things going in a few seasons, but wasn't an easy fix like so many thought it would be. 

All I am saying is other than Urban, the rest are all likely the same coach with different spellings.  Don't see much difference between any of them.  Mickey in my opinion will out recruit alot of those names on this list.  Mickey will develop a different staff going forward.  He will have a different O-coord, he will likely get a co-defensive cooridnator along with Busch.  Honestly just don't see any name that says he's our can't miss guy.  I like all of the names to a degree.  Leipold, Klieman, Aranda, and Rhule.  But please, no Fleck.  I could live with Bilemia even.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

When Frost was fired I was very excited about a new guy coming in with a brand new staff and creating new life in the program. I didn’t have individual names for the next coach, but I was just excited about a brand, new fresh start. 

I get it I was one on the last ones holding on to hope but after loss to Georgia Southern I said my peace and wished him well.

Just now, M.A. said:

That’s understandable. And certainly has relevancy. 

I said the same thing about 20 pages ago. The new HC will have to have an offense that MJ knows very well if he is going to be retained as an OC. We can have a training year.

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

I said the same thing about 20 pages ago. The new HC will have to have an offense that MJ knows very well if he is going to be retained as an OC. We can have a training year.

I would rather have a CEO-type Head Coach who brings in his own coordinators and Mickey fits in as WR coach and recruiting coordinator.