Who should our next HC be?

3 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Based on what? Love the guy but what makes you say that if you look at the resume. We beat atrocious teams and just lost to a team that got boat raced by an interim coach. 

Indiana and Rutgers wouldn’t reach a bowl playing in the MAC. Nothing about those wins were quality. If anything, it felt like downing multiple margaritas in one sitting. It feels great, but it’s absolutely nothing to brag about. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, NativeJoe said:

Mickey could be that CEO.

Yes, you are correct, he could be that. However, he has no experience doing that, other than his current interim head coaching position. If I am Trev, I would rather entrust this program rebuild to a coach who has been a head coach and ran a program from the top level before. 

3 hours ago, chamrocck said:

If you are not retaining MJ you basically cancelled yourself as a candidate.

When Frost fired four offensive assistants last year, Trev went on record saying he didn't mandate that Frost fire anyone. He also said it was the head coach's job to have a vision and execute the strategy for it.

That doesn't sound like the kind of guy who's going to sit across from a candidate and mandate he retain a previous coach, regardless of how good any of us think that coach is or isn't. Unless, of course, Trev is manipulative and/or a liar.

3 hours ago, huskerpower22 said:

Then they must have the next hire already set because recruits are saying he will be back. Check the presser yesterday for Coleman.

What Coleman said doesn't mean anything to me. Was Frost out on the recruiting trail last year telling recruits 'well, you know, I may not be back next year or even survive the whole season’? Do you think any coach on a hot seat does that? Highly, highly unlikely. Frost or any coach in that situation would've sold themselves as a head coach for the future alongside a long term vision for the player.

That's probably exactly what Mickey is doing, as well. You lock the kid down and get him to commit. Then, you deal with retention down the road if you have to. Recruits aren't going to commit somewhere if they're confident that coach is going to be gone, and coaches aren't going to sit there and tell the kid the may be gone, either. The latter would be incredibly moronic.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

When Frost fired four offensive assistants last year, Trev went on record saying he didn't mandate that Frost fire anyone. He also said it was the head coach's job to have a vision and execute the strategy for it.

That doesn't sound like the kind of guy who's going to sit across from a candidate and mandate he retain a previous coach, regardless of how good any of us think that coach is or isn't. Unless, of course, Trev is manipulative and/or a liar.

What Coleman said doesn't mean anything to me. Was Frost out on the recruiting trail last year telling recruits 'well, you know, I may not be back next year or even survive the whole season’? Do you think any coach on a hot seat does that? Highly, highly unlikely. Frost or any coach in that situation would've sold themselves as a head coach for the future alongside a long term vision for the player.

That's probably exactly what Mickey is doing, as well. You lock the kid down and get him to commit. Then, you deal with retention down the road if you have to. Recruits aren't going to commit somewhere if they're confident that coach is going to be gone, and coaches aren't going to sit there and tell the kid the may be gone, either. The latter would be incredibly moronic.

That’s the problem right, Scotty wasn’t recruiting anyone that’s why our best players are transfers. So no I don’t think Scotty told them anything because he wasn’t there :D

image.gif.8e68a99880bdd75967434fb67c621c13.gif

1 hour ago, presidentjlh said:

Bo was riding on borrowed time and favorable schedules.

Had Bo gotten support from the AD and Admn he might still be here.  Dude was marked from the beginning.  The argument of favorable schedule and he always won 9-10 with bowls....I'd take it.  The Boleavers won't ever give him credit.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1