Who should our next HC be?

At this point, none of the candidates that everyone was talking about seem like they are doing well. Unless Trev can somehow pull a miracle and convince the likes of Mark Stoops, Josh Heupel, Kirby Smart, or Urban Meyer to take on the husker football head coach job, I do not see anyone with an outstanding record as a viable candidate. I would not mind Chris Petersen or Bret Bielema. Now, if Mickey Joseph wins 4 out of five remaining games, he has my vote. Players seem to respect him. He does not bull$s#!t when interviewed and I like his sideline demeanor. Who knows, out of all the crap we tried, he might be the one that can get the job done if given a chance. Can’t be worse than golden boy Fraud Frost.

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

That is a much more reasoned response than your last one. Others might respond with reasons on why it could work, Dabo Swinney as an example with strong parallels to the MJ scenario that did work for example, and feel free to continue to disagree in a similar fashion to this post. 

With the Big Ten adding the two LA teams, the conference will only get stronger. NU can’t afford to screw this hire up.

Boy this a depressing thread reading all this negativity from a bunch of "know-it-alls".  I'm just gonna trust Trev to make a splash hire that will build a program that the Husker fans deserve.  I'm expecting Mickey to be a big part.  This could take a long time before we find out so I'll pay more attention to volleyball and basketball.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, husker009 said:

Would Mickey’s resume get him hired at any other power 5 program? 

Prior to being the HC, neither would Dabo's......That's the thing with hiring a new HC.  You find a diamond in the rough and you get Dabo.  Or TO.  You hire the "next star" and you might get Frost. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

Prior to being the HC, neither would Dabo's......That's the thing with hiring a new HC.  You find a diamond in the rough and you get Dabo.  Or TO.  You hire the "next star" and you might get Frost. 

Exactly. You have to look at qualities that you want in a head coach, many of which Trev outlined after he fired Frost. Then body of work, and Mickey will have had 9 games (8 technically, I think we can give him a mulligan on Oklahoma) to get a feel for how he'll handle the job.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
12 hours ago, lo country said:

Had Bo gotten support from the AD and Admn he might still be here.  Dude was marked from the beginning.  The argument of favorable schedule and he always won 9-10 with bowls....I'd take it.  The Boleavers won't ever give him credit.

He was our best coach since Solich. But by the end, it wasn't going to work and there's nothing that can be done about it now.

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Why do all these Johnny come lately trolls appear on threads like this? I’ve never seen some of these guys on any game thread. Makes me think some of them are socks.

I’ve documented two consistent elements of every coaching search on this board since 2014:

1) it brings an influx of new accounts

2) we get a lot of revisionist Pelini/Solich harangues 

• Plus1 6
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, NativeJoe said:

Boy this a depressing thread reading all this negativity from a bunch of "know-it-alls".  I'm just gonna trust Trev to make a splash hire that will build a program that the Husker fans deserve.  I'm expecting Mickey to be a big part.  This could take a long time before we find out so I'll pay more attention to volleyball and basketball.

This is the way!

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I’ve documented two consistent elements of every coaching search on this board since 2014:

1) it brings an influx of new accounts

2) we get a lot of revisionist Pelini/Solich harangues 

Dang you Enhance... you had to boast your enormous vocabulary and force me to learn a new word. (hang my head in shame) :facepalm::bang:dunno:box

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

Another one on several lists that had a bye this past weekend. It will be humorous watching peoples’ heads explode in a month or so.

No doubt! I do believe whatever the outcome that a strong push has been made for Mark Stoops. Dave Doeren makes a lot of sense. He wouldn’t be among my top preferences. It seems very plausible.