Who should our next HC be?

10 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I’ll be the first to say that I really didn’t know a lot about Bill O’Brien’s career before I read this. But I now think he would be a hell of a “get”. If he keeps MJ (and Applewhite, & possibly O’Brien in some position) he would be my new #1.

It’s only a BONUS that he looks like he could be Bob Devaney’s grandson. :D

I have to admit, this article swayed me. I would very happy with BoB. 

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No, if you hire the best option, it means there was no one better on your list of options. Reading comprehension is difficult, I know.

Yes, you have proven how difficult it is for you. I will now use examples to help you along. You get urban Meyer (the best option) you can't get anyone better. So he's the best you could get. You get Mike Riley because everyone else said no, He's the best you could get. So in conclusion, no matter who is hired it was the best you could get.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Took him 8 years to get WF turned around. We don't have the patience nor the time.

Not really. Dude started having winning seasons back in 2016,  which is a major achievement at a program where he has less to work with than any other P5 school in country. Took til 2021 to start competing for conference championships. Turnaround would be WAY quicker here. It's the transfer-portal and NIL era, he can get instant help here he couldn't at WF. He'd have much more to recruit to with our VASTLY superior stadium, facilities, and tradiiton. He'd have much more money/cache to optimize his staff with, our coaching would likely be up a notch from Wake's

• Plus1 1

There could very well be a handshake agreement in place with the new coach already. I think if it were Mickey, Trev would have announced it by now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mickey has an agreement with Trev to remain on the staff in some capacity. It would be beneficial to have such an agreement in place so Mickey could tell recruits such as Coleman that he will be on the staff no matter what. 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

Not really. Dude started having winning seasons back in 2016,  which is a major achievement at a program where he has less to work with than any other P5 school in country. Took til 2021 to start competing for conference championships. Turnaround would be WAY quicker here. It's the transfer-portal and NIL era, he can get instant help here he couldn't at WF. He'd have much more to recruit to with our VASTLY superior stadium, facilities, and tradiiton. He'd have much more money/cache to optimize his staff with, our coaching would likely be up a notch from Wake's

johnny-english-rowan-atkinson.gif

12 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

My guess is to pay a quick visit to Zane and wish him well with the playoffs.

Would have been a really quick visit.

Gretna is probably 40 mins from Lincoln Airport.

Im also going to assume OSU isn’t going to fly Gundy around to interview for jobs.

• Haha 1