Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

After what you seen yesterday you're still on the MJ train?! He's a great recruiter and a great WR coach but that's it at this point IMO. 

I think he shot himself in the foot by saying he's hands off with Whipple and that he can just do what he wants. There's no way you can convince me that Purdy is better than Smothers. And after witnessing that blazing 3rd quarter performance, I think Haarberg should get playing time just to see what he can do.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I think he shot himself in the foot by saying he's hands off with Whipple and that he can just do what he wants. There's no way you can convince me that Purdy is better than Smothers. And after witnessing that blazing 3rd quarter performance, I think Haarberg should get playing time just to see what he can do.

Uncle Rico could've done better

• Haha 1

Hunt or be hunted.  We’ve been prey not predators.  Mickey has this exactly right.  

Hit or be hit.  Be the aggressor.  Tough.  Physical and fierce.  Do unto others before they do unto us.   

Some may think this is just too simple but it’s just football in its most elemental.  

it’s been way too long since Husker Power really was just that.  We are seeing glimpses lately but it’s too little too seldom.  

This would be a key characteristic of the next HC I would select.  Mickey exhibits a tendency toward this.   

13 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Why do you think Mickey would or could hire stud coordinators?  

I think he's connected, I think he has the type of personality that elite guys would want to work with,  and I think we would have enough money to pay for elite guys. Mickey isn't my top choice...but if its gonna be him or guys like Campbell or Leipold who have major liabilities on their staff that I guarantee they'll bring to Lincoln - give me Mickey. 

• Plus1 2

It's hard to keep track anymore, but yesterday's loss felt like one of the worst in recent memory; a sloppy performance that headed downhill fast, at a time when the players should be playing their heart out for the new coach, and the new coach should have had the players better focused.

It was way too familiar. The "prepared to lose" body language should be gone by now, even if you're getting your a$$ kicked. My window of optimism for Mickey is quickly closing. 

18 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's hard to keep track anymore, but yesterday's loss felt like one of the worst in recent memory; a sloppy performance that headed downhill fast, at a time when the players should be playing their heart out for the new coach, and the new coach should have had the players better focused.

It was way too familiar. The "prepared to lose" body language should be gone by now, even if you're getting your a$$ kicked. My window of optimism for Mickey is quickly closing. 

That game felt as though we had been stomped for a 70 point loss. nothing worked.  We looked slow, unathletic, weak and broken. Not what I expected.  And this against a team in it's 2nd year with a new staff.

36 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Hunt or be hunted.  We’ve been prey not predators.  Mickey has this exactly right.  

Hit or be hit.  Be the aggressor.  Tough.  Physical and fierce.  Do unto others before they do unto us.   

Some may think this is just too simple but it’s just football in its most elemental.  

it’s been way too long since Husker Power really was just that.  We are seeing glimpses lately but it’s too little too seldom.  

This would be a key characteristic of the next HC I would select.  Mickey exhibits a tendency toward this.   

My dad told me this years ago.  "What you lack in athletic ability, make up for it with aggressive play".  It's true. Figuratively punching people in the mouth, out working and out hustling them works in most facets of life and on the job. I do not see us being able ot toe to toe with the top programs in regards to athletes, but we can instill that rough and tumble attitude and style that wins games.

• Fire 1

43 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think he's connected, I think he has the type of personality that elite guys would want to work with,  and I think we would have enough money to pay for elite guys. Mickey isn't my top choice...but if its gonna be him or guys like Campbell or Leipold who have major liabilities on their staff that I guarantee they'll bring to Lincoln - give me Mickey. 

I was wondering if MJ could lure a few of the coaches from the LSU NC team. Joe Brady to be OC….but he is making 1 mil coaching QB in nfl…. Coach O to coach line and recruit