Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Yeah I hear you. Like him but he’s not moving any needles. He’s a hope and a prayer type. So we’re down to Urban or Deion? Works for me :D

My gut says Deion holds out for a P5 job in the south, Urban holds out for a P5 job where 5-stars line up to play. I still think Aranda is in play, which I would be more than happy with. 

Not sure who will be named the next HC of Nebraska, but I am sure TA and the media will make it to sound real good, even when the real reaction will be..... who? meh, whatever <_<

And a few will say they knew it all along and be happy.

I think we are f#&%ed.  It's going to be a long, long, long off season.

10 hours ago, gorp512 said:

You really think Kiffin is complaining in public for anything other than a raise, to get more resources, and to stand up for his players? He's politicking. Ole Miss had NIL before it even legally existed. 

Tear this thing down, people. What are you trying to save?

Roll the dice on Deion or Jamey Chadwell. I loved Matt Campbell in the beginning but this is bad, folks. Really bad. Need someone to grow with this dead program. 

Yep.  The NIL used to be known as a BRIBE.

27 minutes ago, admo said:

Not sure who will be named the next HC of Nebraska, but I am sure TA and the media will make it to sound real good, even when the real reaction will be..... who? meh, whatever <_<

And a few will say they knew it all along and be happy.

I think we are f#&%ed.  It's going to be a long, long, long off season.

Yep, full of hype videos but it will be the same old s#!t next year.

• TBH 1

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

Yep, full of hype videos but it will be the same old s#!t next year.

You are so right because I am sick of the hype vids the Husker media puts out with the players during the offseason and during spring and summer and fall camp. 

Like they be Alabama and this be the place to be.  NU just keeps pumping up the players stock, and it sucks in the fans :hmmph  Every dang year.  Every year it's the same thing, the same message.... Welcome to the good life.. 

I'm over it.

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Or coordinators.  For example, would a guy like Grinch come here?  He makes $1.08 million at USC.  Walters in year 2 has been impressive at Illinois, but some say he will go to CU.  

With the bolded, if we can't get "that guy", I still like Chadwell.  Need a solid DC though.  

Trev, PLEASE don't hire a coordinator from somewhere else as our HC...go big or go home.

3 minutes ago, admo said:

You are so right because I am sick of the hype vids the Husker media puts out with the players during the offseason and during spring and summer and fall camp. 

Like they be Alabama and this be the place to be.  NU just keeps pumping up the players stock, and it sucks in the fans :hmmph  Every dang year.  Every year it's the same thing, the same message.... Welcome to the good life.. 

I'm over it.

There is so much wrong with this program right now….and talent level is down the list a bit. With some of the effort we saw on the field on Saturday, there is a severe attitude problem.  We need a coach that knows how to fix that first.  If that doesn’t get fixed, we will have the same crap.  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

My gut says Deion holds out for a P5 job in the south, Urban holds out for a P5 job where 5-stars line up to play. I still think Aranda is in play, which I would be more than happy with. 

My gut says it's hungry, but beyond that I believe we have a realistic shot at getting Urban. As a matter of fact, I'd guess he's the leading contender at this point (and that's assuming Trev hasn't already offered it to him and he accepted).

• Haha 3