Who should our next HC be?

17 minutes ago, admo said:

The SI article confirmed that TA has a clause that the next guy (HC) has to retain Mickey.  

So you don't gotta hope no more about that.  

We can put that hoping process to bed.  And strictly think about who will be the next HC.  Because Mikey will be here regardless.

I didn’t see anywhere in the article that says the next head coach has to retain Mickey. All it says is that Mickey has a 3-year contract. Mickey doesn’t have to be retained, he will just get paid out his final 2 years if he’s not. 

• Plus1 3
59 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well you are making up things just to fit your narrative. 

I know what I read.  If I read it wrong, then I am wrong. This is a message board and not law school or point the finger class. 

I will read it again later.   Good grief.  <_<

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I guess sell me on it.

At Auburn you can recruit a top 10 class and still be 4th best in your division, you play Georgia every year, the administration is a joke and the fans are unreasonable even compared to Nebraska fans. 

You also have an administration and boosters who will actively and publicly undermine you in order to get you fired. Auburn is a terrible place to coach. 

You can’t be serious. Auburn is a much better job, not even close. Recruiting alone…., SEC prowess, relativity within last decade, more $$ than us, warm weather school (which is huge for guys like Prime)…. The 80s and 90s passed long ago. Welcome to reality.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

You can’t be serious. Auburn is a much better job, not even close. Recruiting alone…., SEC prowess, relativity within last decade, more $$ than us, warm weather school (which is huge for guys like Prime)…. The 80s and 90s passed long ago. Welcome to reality.

I agree.  Die Hard fan, but don't see this is the dream destination some folks do.  I'm being a realist based on the previous 7 years results..... Only advantage NU has is we kept Fraud for 5 years with no signs of improving.  There is zero expectations for any type of success until year 3-4 with a new coach IMHO.  New guy gets 6 wins year 1, he's probably getting a 10 year extension.  

• TBH 2
On 10/30/2022 at 11:31 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

I think he's connected, I think he has the type of personality that elite guys would want to work with,  and I think we would have enough money to pay for elite guys. Mickey isn't my top choice...but if its gonna be him or guys like Campbell or Leipold who have major liabilities on their staff that I guarantee they'll bring to Lincoln - give me Mickey. 

I like this perspective, but I am not convinced that he’d be able to load us up with a kick butt staff.  However, I’m not basing that on anything other than the fact that he’s never had the opportunity to do that before.   I would guess he’d be someone coaches would love to work with.  If I’m MJ, I’d be making some initial contacts and then present Trev with a “plan”.   

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Um Auburn has actually been relevant and won a national championship in recent memory? They're in the premier conference in college football and in a hotbed of recruiting talent? Come on bro. It's not even close right now

Arguing who is a better program is different than which is the better job.

At one your biggest competition is Iowa, at the other its Alabama, Georgia and LSU. You have to recruit in the top 10 nationally to be in 4th place in the division. 

At one the issue is that they kept their coach to long, at the other boosters and other members of the Athletic Department conspired to spread rumors that the head coach was sleeping with ex-cheerleaders in order to have them fired and had an embarrassing 'inquiry' into the matter. 

Trust me guys, nobody craps on Nebraska more than me. But acting like Auburn a desirable place other than money - which we also have - is just not true. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Arguing who is a better program is different than which is the better job.

At one your biggest competition is Iowa, at the other its Alabama, Georgia and LSU. You have to recruit in the top 10 nationally to be in 4th place in the division. 

At one the issue is that they kept their coach to long, at the other boosters and other members of the Athletic Department conspired to spread rumors that the head coach was sleeping with ex-cheerleaders in order to have them fired and had an embarrassing 'inquiry' into the matter. 

Trust me guys, nobody craps on Nebraska more than me. But acting like Auburn a desirable place other than money - which we also have - is just not true. 

I'm willing to bet that 90+% of head coaches would prefer Auburn over Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1