Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I would never try that; he would beat my a$$.

Not if your home is in Nebraska--he won't be coming up here any time soon. 

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

A bunch of the Twitter bots will soon be purged.

Noooooo...they won't. Not if they make him money. 

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not sure if true.

If true, then Auburn thinks the only way to be Saban is with a Saban coach - the same path Ole Miss, GA, A&M have taken.  

My previous post also would not age very well when I was thinking that BOB would end up being Trev's choice.   Of course, we have the other possible troll post above that the deal with Aranda is a done deal.  I would not mind Aranda either.  We need his defensive mindset.   I prefer he bring his OC with him.  

Kiffin,  Aranda, O'Brien, and Chadwell are my top 4.  

15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If true, then Auburn thinks the only way to be Saban is with a Saban coach - the same path Ole Miss, GA, A&M have taken.  

My previous post also would not age very well when I was thinking that BOB would end up being Trev's choice.   Of course, we have the other possible troll post above that the deal with Aranda is a done deal.  I would not mind Aranda either.  We need his defensive mindset.   I prefer he bring his OC with him.  

Kiffin,  Aranda, O'Brien, and Chadwell are my top 4.  

It’s a troll account 

I love how many fans are flavor of the week when it comes to coaching. It's truly astonishing to see. 

Right when Frost was fired....Aranda, Campbell, Leipold - these would be great hires! Now those coaches suck! 

After the Rutgers game. Mickey Joseph is our guy! Now no way we can offer him the HC job!

We now need Klieman cause they just dismantled Okie St! etc. etc. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, BIG ERN said:

I love how many fans are flavor of the week when it comes to coaching. It's truly astonishing to see. 

Right when Frost was fired....Aranda, Campbell, Leipold - these would be great hires! Now those coaches suck! 

After the Rutgers game. Mickey Joseph is our guy! Now no way we can offer him the HC job!

We now need Klieman cause they just dismantled Okie St! etc. etc. 

And your favorite is who:dunno

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I said since day 1 if we can't get Urban or Chris Petersen I would stick with Mickey if he is willing to get new coordinators and some assistants. 

That is a pretty high standard that may very well end in disappointment.   I too pulling for Urb at the beginning, but I think if it were to happen, it would have been announced by now.  I also always have thought Aranda could work and if we had to go the G5 route - Chadwell to get an 'up-and-comer'.  Lane and BOB being the other 2 that I think could work here. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

I said since day 1 if we can't get Urban or Chris Petersen I would stick with Mickey if he is willing to get new coordinators and some assistants. 

I would too.  I know he would do a pretty big over hall with the staff, including the S&C punk.  He might keep Busch (ST) and Applewhite around.  The rest would be replaced with guys he wants to surround himself with the best chances for the team to win.  Because then, it's on him and not who he inherited. 

And he would get all of them out there crootin, and he would be just as involved too. 

If I was playing pretend on who I would want, Lane Kiffin or UM would be at the top of the list.  I can pretend Fickell too.  None of them coming to Nebraska though.

15 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

So if you can't get your two no-brainers, you'd take the guy with by far the thinnest resume of remaining candidates?

And only if Mickey meets your demands? 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That is a pretty high standard that may very well end in disappointment.   I too pulling for Urb at the beginning, but I think if it were to happen, it would have been announced by now.  I also always have thought Aranda could work and if we had to go the G5 route - Chadwell to get an 'up-and-comer'.  Lane and BOB being the other 2 that I think could work here. 

Although I feel fairly confident UM is not in the running, I don't think a lack of an announcement at this point is necessarily an indictment of that, and for a couple of reasons.

First, I genuinely believe Trev wanted to give MJ every opportunity available to see what he could do with this season as interim. If you announce UM or really any coach during the regular season (even at this point) you're basically sending the message that this year is officially an outlier and subservient to the future vision. Second, I think UM is doing a lot of CFB analysis and TV work right now; announcing him at this point would effectively make it a talking point with him on every show from here out. I doubt Urban would want that.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

If someone out there is still interested in the Husker job after watching us go through Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, then he must be seeing dollars.  Or reaaally interested in leaving where he currently is.

I don't buy into the idea that Trev Alberts already has his guy in agreement.  No way.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Although I feel fairly confident UM is not in the running, I don't think a lack of an announcement at this point is necessarily an indictment of that, and for a couple of reasons.

First, I genuinely believe Trev wanted to give MJ every opportunity available to see what he could do with this season as interim. If you announce UM or really any coach during the regular season (even at this point) you're basically sending the message that this year is officially an outlier and subservient to the future vision. Second, I think UM is doing a lot of CFB analysis and TV work right now; announcing him at this point would effectively make it a talking point with him on every show from here out. I doubt Urban would want that.

So its time to cue up the GIF:

So In GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• TBH 1