Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

Fair response. I guess I am disappointed in his decision to not jump in and stop Whipple from chucking the ball around the yard when we didn’t need to panic. I feel that lack of purpose cost us chances to stay in the game.  I am looking for a calming voice during chaos and I didn’t see it. Like you said, just my opinion, but I think he could have kept us in that game by controlling the “Whip” :violin 

I get that, and it was ugly.  But jump in on a paid experienced OC to take over the offense?  I don't think so.

When things go bad, we can't always 2nd guess the OC.  We can't always take away their job duties.  Maybe his thought was to push the offense into making plays, because the ground game was awful against the Illini defense?

OC / Play callers seem to get punched in the face by the fan base when plays don't work.  Whipple, Lubick, Frost, Walters, Frost, Langsdorf, Riley, Beck, Shawn Watson, Callahan........  (I might be missing someone).

This has nothing to do with being the head coach who allows YOU as a coordinator to do YOUR job with the guys on the field.  2nd hand guessing is always right tho :hmmph

7 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I love how many fans are flavor of the week when it comes to coaching. It's truly astonishing to see. 

Right when Frost was fired....Aranda, Campbell, Leipold - these would be great hires! Now those coaches suck! 

After the Rutgers game. Mickey Joseph is our guy! Now no way we can offer him the HC job!

We now need Klieman cause they just dismantled Okie St! etc. etc. 

Aranda doesn't suck.

• Plus1 4

2 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

the source is sean callahan. lol. i don't believe az st has any interest.

this is mickey's agent feeding him BS.

It kinda looks like they have their own Mickey Joseph situation. Shaun Aguano was named interim, doesn't have a loaded HC resume, but some of the fan base really like him.

16 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

So if you can't get your two no-brainers, you'd take the guy with by far the thinnest resume of remaining candidates?

And only if Mickey meets your demands? 

Yes and yes. This doesn't mean that I would hate a few other options that are realistic, but if no home run hire then I don't see the issue with sticking with Mickey. He would take less money to leave room for higher paid assistants. We need OL and DL coaches like we never have before. I also want a proven DC - move Busch to db/safeties coach. Gimme an OC that has a run first mentality and a new S&C coach. I'm fine with keeping Applewhite, Busch and Beckton. Fisher and Ruud I wouldn't hate if kept as well. All others need the boot. 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Yes and yes. This doesn't mean that I would hate a few other options that are realistic, but if no home run hire then I don't see the issue with sticking with Mickey. He would take less money to leave room for higher paid assistants. We need OL and DL coaches like we never have before. I also want a proven DC - move Busch to db/safeties coach. Gimme an OC that has a run first mentality and a new S&C coach. I'm fine with keeping Applewhite, Busch and Beckton. Fisher and Ruud I wouldn't hate if kept as well. All others need the boot. 

A) With the new TV deal next year, money won't be an issue.  We can have a highly paid HC and highly paid assistants.

B) Ruud, really?  I would be extremely disappointed if we keep that many assistants.  All of the Frost UCF guys need to be gone IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

A) With the new TV deal next year, money won't be an issue.  We can have a highly paid HC and highly paid assistants.

B) Ruud, really?  I would be extremely disappointed if we keep that many assistants.  All of the Frost UCF guys need to be gone IMO.

I'm with you.  I get that Busch, Joseph, and Applewhite are new to the group and are strong recruiters, but I don't get the love for any of the other Frost assistants.  Get rid of them all!!  There is no reason to keep any guys from a program that has been absolute horse crap.  Ruud has been the worst of them all!!!

• Plus1 1