Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, BaytownHusker said:

True except Bret is proven to win in the B1G. And seems to be doing it again. 

Brett is currently playing with Lovie's recruits. Are they performing for him? Yes... but, until he has to begin using his recruits it's only speculative in saying he's the cat's meow. People forget, many programs (Illinois being one) are filled with 6th year qualifiers. Next year those players will leave a HUGE hole everywhere.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Brett is currently playing with Lovie's recruits. Are they performing for him? Yes... but, until he has to begin using his recruits it's only speculative in saying he's the cat's meow. People forget, many programs (Illinois being one) are filled with 6th year qualifiers. Next year those players will leave a HUGE hole everywhere.

On top of that, BB’s first two recruiting classes are WAY below where Lovie’s classes were. I know he has a proven track record from Wisky, but it is also fair to ask if he can sustain this level of excellence once Lovie’s recruited players are gone since it doesn’t appear that the roster he is building is near as talented. His coaching prowess and ability to develop talent are clearly pretty top notch, I am just not sold yet that he is able to keep this up long term. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
55 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Makes 0 sense lol..  Lovies Recruits couldn't win for him but they can win for BB. That already makes him look better. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

21 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Makes 0 sense lol..  Lovies Recruits couldn't win for him but they can win for BB. That already makes him look better. 

Actually, Lovie took them bowling mate... Lovie was let go because his offense wasn't getting it done. His defense however was as he was focusing on defensive recruits while overlooking the in-state offensive talent and I personally think Lovie would have had the same success the last 2 years that BB has. BB showed with his last 2 classes at whisky and his Arky classes that he isn't a good recruiter. That said, maybe illinois has an MJ on staff that will rectify BB's lacking. Obviously I'm "not" a BB fan. In fact, I'm disgusted even looking at his grossness. 

Great Image for any University

5 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Actually, Lovie took them bowling mate... Lovie was let go because his offense wasn't getting it done. His defense however was as he was focusing on defensive recruits while overlooking the in-state offensive talent and I personally think Lovie would have had the same success the last 2 years that BB has. BB showed with his last 2 classes at whisky and his Arky classes that he isn't a good recruiter. That said, maybe illinois has an MJ on staff that will rectify BB's lacking. Obviously I'm "not" a BB fan. In fact, I'm disgusted even looking at his grossness. 

Great Image for any University

I would take that fat bastard over the ripped, chiseled, physical specimen that coached NU for 2018-early 2022.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3

When you all are describing Bert at Illinois, you are also describing Aranda at Baylor.  That concept works then for both in both ways.  At this point, I think that we are now falling down the list of best job available list.  Truthfully.  We are not that job anymore and with Wisky and Auburn out there, and the recent success they have had, we are not in that tier.  WE are better than most jobs out there right now, but if we don't make a move before the end of the season, we might be in lower tier of available jobs.  This is my concern at this moment.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

From Sherman today

Alberts would be best served to complete his evaluation of Joseph before mid-November. If he’s the choice when the Huskers lift off for Ann Arbor next week, based on Joseph’s body of work in managing the program, it ought to be clear.

And if not, Alberts needs to be intensely focused on zeroing in on his top candidate. Because when that flight lands back in Lincoln next Saturday night, just 12 days remain until Thanksgiving.

Ideally, Alberts’ choice would be settled and as secure as possible before the Huskers head back on the road to play Iowa on Black Friday.

No need exists to announce a decision on Joseph, as Alberts did with Frost a year ago at this time, but the AD should know soon. In fact, maybe he already does know, though as of four days ago before kickoff in Lincoln, four people with knowledge of the coaching search believed Joseph remained under consideration.

https://theathletic.com/3753815/2022/11/02/nebraska-mickey-joesph-casey-thompson/

LOL..... a lot of ifs and buts and maybes, with assumptions and guess work. 

Writers be writing fluff.  I mean, anyone can have an opinion or thought scrambled up with "If..."  "maybe..."  "but...."  "Ideally...."  "and if not..."  

:facepalm:

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

When you all are describing Bert at Illinois, you are also describing Aranda at Baylor.  That concept works then for both in both ways.  At this point, I think that we are now falling down the list of best job available list.  Truthfully.  We are not that job anymore and with Wisky and Auburn out there, and the recent success they have had, we are not in that tier.  WE are better than most jobs out there right now, but if we don't make a move before the end of the season, we might be in lower tier of available jobs.  This is my concern at this moment.

There is some talk from the Omaha media that an agreement will be in place the week before the Iowa game (so before the end of the season). That would allow NU to have its man and move forward, and the team can give Mickey a final send-off against Iowa. 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Trev's right hand man commenting on twitter rumors.  (And yes, that is the real Doug Ewald, unless whoever us running the account has been playing the long game of impersonating him)

The worst part of this tweet is the duck report, no migrators yet, everything is stupid local ducks. Mallards or nothing!!

• Plus1 1