Who should our next HC be?

5 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Makes 0 sense lol..  Lovies Recruits couldn't win for him but they can win for BB. That already makes him look better. 

No one is denying that BB is a top notch gameday coach and player developer, the question with BB is what happens in 2 years if his current recruiting results hold to trend. Reality is that he will have lessor talent to work with then, doesn’t matter how good of a talent developer your are as a coach, you still have to have enough raw material to work with. Based on his current recruiting trajectory at Illinois, it is fair to question they will look in 2-3 years if not sooner.

9 hours ago, M.A. said:

Lol The media has about as many good ideas and theories as the general public at large. 

Sometimes fewer. They have to generate clicks and appeal the the masses and sell ads and try to balance all of it with trying to maintain some semblance of credibility. We can just have our own singular stupid ideas and stand by them with no agenda or consequences.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

The longer we wait the more doubts it's Mickey right? If you are going to stick with him then you would announce for recruiting, NIL, transfer portal purposes. IF Trev wants it to be him then you can't wait to get trounced @ Michigan. The earlier the better IMO unless it is someone else then he will wait till day after Black Friday I would think. 

Yeah, common sense would tell you at this point, it's not Mickey. He's had a long enough interview for Trev to make that determination. In fact, IF (big if) there's any truth to the reports that his agent is shopping him around, he may have already been told.

10 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Auburn can have him if we can get the Lane Train

I just can't see Lane making the move to Auburn. Seems lateral at best. Unless he's just fed up with Ole Miss and doesn't feel he's getting the administrative support he needs there to be successful. But by all accounts, Auburn wouldn't be the place to go to improve that.

9 hours ago, M.A. said:

Part of it wanting there to be resolution, closure to the ongoing heartache. Our patience has gone to the wayside to a degree. Just give me answers! Another part is the whole mystery of it and attempting to determine whom it will be. We don't have any control of it. We'd like to think so though. 

It's not necessarily a "bad" thing. Just demonstrates how passionate we are! It's okay to have differing opinions about our team.

All of this...and it's completely normal for any fanbases who give a crap about their football programs. I've watched several coaching searches pretty closely for several teams over the last few years and all the fans are the same way and go through all the same things we're going through.

11 hours ago, Hilltop said:

The media has lots of great ideas and theories.   The problem is they don't know squat. 

I have what most would consider good sources and they don't know anything either. 

Trev has done an excellent job keeping things quiet.  Have their been any sourced reports from the local media about candidates?

The best report we have seen from local media was about the ASU opening...

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

1620 has been running a fan voted bracket for next coach.  Here's is Bishop's tweet this morning.  "Even if the results might not matter in a few hours"

If there was going to be an announcement in a few hours, there would have been an announcement that there was going to be an announcement in a few hours.  I haven't seen anything about an announcement in a few hours, so I doubt if there's an announcement in a few hours.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If there was going to be an announcement in a few hours, there would have been an announcement that there was going to be an announcement in a few hours.  I haven't seen anything about an announcement in a few hours, so I doubt if there's an announcement in a few hours.

Your logic is sound.

• Haha 1