Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

If there was going to be an announcement in a few hours, there would have been an announcement that there was going to be an announcement in a few hours.  I haven't seen anything about an announcement in a few hours, so I doubt if there's an announcement in a few hours.

Maybe it is a 'couple of hours' not 'a few hours' - that is where you got it wrong.  There will be an announcement in a couple of hours that there will be a real announcement in a couple of more hours that in a couple of days the search will be narrowed down to a couple of weeks.  Then we will all know. :smokin

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
18 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Hearing some chatter it’s Rhule. 

I hope not. Rhule could be another Frost. He is 19-20 as a P5 coach. His time at Temple would give him a step up from what Frost brought to the table, but his struggles at Carolina are concerning. This article explains that he could not develop a culture of winning at Carolina and his prior reputation for being an offensive genius did not pan out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/matt-rhule-fired-panthers-coach-record-carolina/gqsdp5m5qs2gfowimn8nakuw

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I hope not. Rhule could be another Frost. He is 19-20 as a P5 coach. His time at Temple would give him a step up from what Frost brought to the table, but his struggles at Carolina are concerning. This article explains that he could not develop a culture of winning at Carolina and his prior reputation for being an offensive genius did not pan out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/matt-rhule-fired-panthers-coach-record-carolina/gqsdp5m5qs2gfowimn8nakuw

Interesting read.  But I wonder if Rhule is one of those guys who succeeds at the college level and flops in the NFL.  Different type of game and player issues to deal with. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Interesting read.  But I wonder if Rhule is one of those guys who succeeds at the college level and flops in the NFL.  Different type of game and player issues to deal with. 

Perhaps but after the Frost experiment, I would prefer a head coach with a better track record in college. I also thought Rhule was the coach who did not like recruiting, but maybe I am thinking of a different guy.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

He inherited a mess a Baylor.  He turned them around pretty quickly, and if people aren't going to give Aranda for winning the Big 12 last year with "Rhule's players" then do you give the credit for leaving a stocked cupboard for Aranda?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Perhaps but after the Frost experiment, I would prefer a head coach with a better track record in college. I also thought Rhule was the coach who did not like recruiting, but maybe I am thinking of a different guy.

I know there was a discussion of Mullen not liking to recruit.  I can't recall that about Rhule.    Rhule had more experience than Frost as a HC.  So, I don't think the comparison correlates.  

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I know there was a discussion of Mullen not liking to recruit.  I can't recall that about Rhule.    Rhule had more experience than Frost as a HC.  So, I don't think the comparison correlates.  

I agree it's not a complete comparison, but I would prefer a coach that has a history of winning championships, even if it wasn't at the D1 level.  We all thought Frost's great coaching ability was the reason for UCF's great turnaround but it appears there was more to it than Frost given his struggles at Nebraska.  The only extra I see Rhule bringing is his 28-23 four-year record at Temple which he did get them to two straight 10-win seasons by the end of his tenure there.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree it's not a complete comparison, but I would prefer a coach that has a history of winning championships, even if it wasn't at the D1 level.  We all thought Frost's great coaching ability was the reason for UCF's great turnaround but it appears there was more to it than Frost given his struggles at Nebraska.  The only extra I see Rhule bringing is his 28-23 four-year record at Temple which he did get them to two straight 10-win seasons by the end of his tenure there.  

Rhule went 7-6 and then 11-3 at Baylor after inheriting a couple mess after the Art Briles scandal.  IMO, it' s not fair to include his first year there because Baylor was still figuring out how to come out of the Briles situation and the whole University was a mess at the time.