Who should our next HC be?

44 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Hearing some chatter it’s Rhule. 

See what you did to Husker Fans?!! You made them all talk about Matt Rhule and they devoted a whole page of discussions on him. First off you hearing some chatter it's Rhule from where? What evidence do you have to show it's him or any other coach? You don't have a clue who it is bc NOBODY DOES. There hasn't been any evidence to even speculate it's going to be a certain coach. Your statement is click bait just to stir up and get Husker Fans rowdy.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I actually think that's not true. The typical norms of this type of thing are shifting quickly with the accelerated timelines of signing day and transfer portal. 

He is still coaching another team and it's November.  I am 99% sure it's not Lane. Things are changing but that's going overboard.

• TBH 2
1 minute ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

See what you did to Husker Fans?!! You made them all talk about Matt Rhule and they devoted a whole page of discussions on him. First off you hearing some chatter it's Rhule from where? What evidence do you have to show it's him or any other coach? You don't have a clue who it is bc NOBODY DOES. There hasn't been any evidence to even speculate it's going to be a certain coach. Your statement is click bait just to stir up and get Husker Fans rowdy.

Yeah!  He's totally distracting us with meaningless rumors and unfounded opinion.  Let us get back to what this thread is really about.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

He is still coaching another team and it's November.  I am 99% sure it's not Lane. Things are changing but that's going overboard.

Ole Miss wins out and they are in the playoff.  No chance he is taking any job before the end of the season.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree it's not a complete comparison, but I would prefer a coach that has a history of winning championships, even if it wasn't at the D1 level.  We all thought Frost's great coaching ability was the reason for UCF's great turnaround but it appears there was more to it than Frost given his struggles at Nebraska.  The only extra I see Rhule bringing is his 28-23 four-year record at Temple which he did get them to two straight 10-win seasons by the end of his tenure there.  

I personally think we need to throw the whole Frost thing out the window when trying to use that as an indication of what type of coach to hire.  He clearly was a successful coach in pretty much everything he did from Oregon to UCF before coming here.  I believe his failures here were more because of personal issues, that I hope he gets figured out, than his ability to coach.

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 2
29 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Sharpe and Benning on 1620 is saying this.
Plus a special Board of Regents meeting today, the signs are there. 

• Plus1 1