Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I know there was a discussion of Mullen not liking to recruit.  I can't recall that about Rhule.    Rhule had more experience than Frost as a HC.  So, I don't think the comparison correlates.  

Rhule is very popular with high school coaches in Texas. The recruiting argument is inaccurate about him. If anything else the recruiting classes he had were amazing considering the crap storm he inherited there and the 30 some players that left before he joined Baylor. No one wanted to play at Baylor after the Briles fiasco and he made it work. I think he is a home run and disagree full heartedly with anyone who thinks he isn't a good head coach for Nebraska. He obviously is well respected to land an NFL job, so I am not judging him on his experience there. I am sure he learned a lot about himself with that experience, and normally after college coaches make the leap to the NFL and get humbled, they come back better for it. I hope the rumor is true. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

Rhule is very popular with high school coaches in Texas. The recruiting argument is inaccurate about him. If anything else the recruiting classes he had were amazing considering the crap storm he inherited there and the 30 some players that left before he joined Baylor. No one wanted to play at Baylor after the Briles fiasco and he made it work. I think he is a home run and disagree full heartedly with anyone who thinks he isn't a good head coach for Nebraska. He obviously is well respected to land an NFL job, so I am not judging him on his experience there. I am sure he learned a lot about himself with that experience, and normally after college coaches make the leap to the NFL and get humbled, they come back better for it. I hope the rumor is true. 

What he did with Baylor given their situation was nothing short of a miracle. That said, his recruiting is a "find diamonds in the rough and develop them" type of approach from everything I've seen. His classes were largely pretty crappy from a ranking standpoint. But he got results with them. Or at least it seems. Might be perfect for Nebraska if we can't get a big time recruiter. The never beating a ranked team thing concerns me. He's also has never worked the portal or NIL which also concerns me. But, he would definitely be about as good as we can probably realistically hope for.

• Fire 2

Funny how the same people will pile on Rhule for his NFL experience will clamor for Urban, whose NFL career was worse. I understand that the ncaa careers are vastly different, but just because a person didn't succeed in the NFL doesn't automatically correlate to college.

• Fire 2
  • TBH 1

10 minutes ago, beckmanfloyd said:

Enough of the talk that MJ doesn't impress you or Mickey needs to win with what he has.  That's BS.  Urban Meyer couldn't even come in and win with the talent Nebraska has right now.  Stop already. 

There’s no need to copy and paste the same post in separate threads, particularly when no one is actively talking about MJ in this one right now.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, HANC said:

Funny how the same people will pile on Rhule for his NFL experience will clamor for Urban, whose NFL career was worse. I understand that the ncaa careers are vastly different, but just because a person didn't succeed in the NFL doesn't automatically correlate to college.

Yeah, I completely discount NFL experience if there's college experience available to look at. Saban was a notorious disaster too in the NFL. College is a different beast.

• Fire 1