Who should our next HC be?

Rhule's success at Baylor should be looked at, at least a little bit, similarly to Frost's success at UCF. Yes, the rapegate fallout was a real thing and what he did was impressive, but it should also not be given too much stock because that program had a winning infrastructure and culture in place - he did not have to build it from the ground up. 

He's got a lot of pros and he's got a good amount of cons as well. I'm pretty agnostic about him as a candidate but I really trust Trev.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, Lorewarn said:

Rhule's success at Baylor should be looked at, at least a little bit, similarly to Frost's success at UCF. Yes, the rapegate fallout was a real thing and what he did was impressive, but it should also not be given too much stock because that program had a winning infrastructure and culture in place - he did not have to build it from the ground up. 

He's got a lot of pros and he's got a good amount of cons as well. I'm pretty agnostic about him as a candidate but I really trust Trev.

This is completely inaccurate. There was not a winning infrastructure in place and the culture was awful. Wowza. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Disagree - Rhule inherited a mess - both in athletics and the admin.   Their culture was pretty beat up when he got there.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, Lorewarn said:

They went 39-13 in the four years before he got there, with two conference championships and two NY6 bowls. 

From one USA today article among many that crush this opinion. There was no winning culture there, in fact people wanted Baylor football to be eliminated during this time.

"Matt Rhule, the coach who cleaned up the toxic culture left by Briles and spent much of his first two years trying to fix the program’s public image. And while nobody will forget how badly the university failed young women who were raped and assaulted, Baylor has basically done what it needed to do with a new administration, new athletics personnel and a legitimate Title IX reporting structure..

But for a lot of people watching Saturday night, it will be difficult to get past the name Baylor. And perhaps that’s fair. Even though the school has seemingly taken the right steps since 2016, maybe it’s too soon to look at this merely as the story of an ascendant football team"

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

WRT Rhule's possibilities here, I'd be wondering every week if the sexual assault allegations (characterized as being "a portion of Baylor culture, apparently" by some) would rear it's head and be a distraction (for him and for some fans.. a lot of fans?). 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Hagg said:

WRT Rhule's possibilities here, I'd be wondering every week if the sexual assault allegations (characterized as being "a portion of Baylor culture, apparently" by some) would rear it's head and be a distraction (for him and for some fans.. a lot of fans?). 

If you're asking if it would affect him here, not sure why it would. None of that was his responsibility. Art Briles and Ian McCaw are the only guys that deserve blame.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
10 minutes ago, Hagg said:

If we were talking Briles, 100% (and I would not want him for the sole reason he was the one who had responsibility for preventing that awful stuff). With Rhule? Nah. I have never seen really any one in the CFB world or the media putting any of that horror on Rhule.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
12 minutes ago, Hagg said:

WTF? Rhule helped clean that mess up. He wasn’t part of the problem. He’s squeaky clean from everything I’ve ever seen.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

If we were talking Briles, 100% (and I would not want him for the sole reason he was the one who had responsibility for preventing that awful stuff). With Rhule? Nah. I have never seen really any one in the CFB world or the media putting any of that horror on Rhule.

In fact if anything, him coming in and fixing things up and, as far as I can tell, righting things on and off the field would be looked at as a positive. I certainly see it as a positive. All we're dealing with is a crappy football program with the same off the field issues any program faces. That is way less of a disaster to fix than what happened with Baylor. With Baylor I think only Penn State's nightmare was worse.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1