Who should our next HC be?

4 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

In fact if anything, him coming in and fixing things up and, as far as I can tell, righting things on and off the field would be looked at as a positive. I certainly see it as a positive. All we're dealing with is a crappy football program with the same off the field issues any program faces. That is way less of a disaster to fix than what happened with Baylor. With Baylor I think only Penn State's nightmare was worse.

Pretty sure Baylor got off with basically nothing. So many other schools got worse punishment for recruiting violations than what actual punishment was handed out to Baylor. He def had to deal with a brand new admin and public perception which was difficult though. 

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Pretty sure Baylor got off with basically nothing. So many other schools got worse punishment for recruiting violations than what actual punishment was handed out to Baylor. He def had to deal with a brand new admin and public perception which was difficult though. 

That is true, yes. I suppose I was talking in terms of perception and the stress that would necessarily come with dealing with that situation if one's a decent human being.

Right now it's just fun to shoot the s#!t and engaging in the rumor-mongering about it, that's about it. It's fun to speculate, it's nice to have some feeling of hope about Nebraska football even if it is yet again for future seasons only. I have made it known that I am not sold on Mickey but even if it's him I'll feel some hope, he has done positive things.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

The only thing that happened was an 'Executive Session' for the BoD, I'd venture a guess it was to update on who the next HC will be but nothing is finalized as of yet.   Rhule getting a lot of buzz, I'd be stunned if we didn't hear something about the the deal being finalized the week after Iowa as not to cause any additional distraction for the current staff and players as the prepare to finish the season.   IMO, Rhule, BoB are the top two candidates for Trev.  Both would be solid hires.  Not necessarily my top 2 choices, but I'd be happy with either of them.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

From one USA today article among many that crush this opinion. There was no winning culture there, in fact people wanted Baylor football to be eliminated during this time.

"Matt Rhule, the coach who cleaned up the toxic culture left by Briles and spent much of his first two years trying to fix the program’s public image. And while nobody will forget how badly the university failed young women who were raped and assaulted, Baylor has basically done what it needed to do with a new administration, new athletics personnel and a legitimate Title IX reporting structure..

But for a lot of people watching Saturday night, it will be difficult to get past the name Baylor. And perhaps that’s fair. Even though the school has seemingly taken the right steps since 2016, maybe it’s too soon to look at this merely as the story of an ascendant football team"

I'm talking about the psychology of winning football games. The rape scandal and toxic atmosphere in that regard is beyond appalling. I'm not commenting on that.

All I'm saying is that Rhule didn't inherit something even in the same universe as say a Bill Snyder or Lance Leipold type in terms of a losing culture - the school still had the resources, the taste of winning, and plenty of talent that had won big already.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The avoided much in the way of sanctions.  But they lost several top players out of their 2016 recruiting class and had to basically start from scratch on their 2017 class.  If you look at their top QBs, RBs, WRs, and tacklers from 2017 (Rhule's first season), most were freshmen and sophomores.  So he was kind of starting from scratch in that respect.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I'm talking about the psychology of winning football games. The rape scandal and toxic atmosphere in that regard is beyond appalling. I'm not commenting on that.

All I'm saying is that Rhule didn't inherit something even in the same universe as say a Bill Snyder or Lance Leipold type in terms of a losing culture - the school still had the resources, the taste of winning, and plenty of talent that had won big already.

I don't think you understand how many players and recruits bailed during the Briles downfall.   Not sure I would say they had plenty of talent.  School had facilities, but a lot of funding was shifted to legal funds, not a lot left for the programs.   The program was in shambles, talks of shutting it down completely, had less than 10 recruits for the season, most of the players, if they had the talent, transferred.  It was a dumpster fire of epic proportions.   Navigating that, and being successful as quickly as they were, is a testament to how good of a coach Rhule is.

• TBH 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The avoided much in the way of sanctions.  But they lost several top players out of their 2016 recruiting class and had to basically start from scratch on their 2017 class.  If you look at their top QBs, RBs, WRs, and tacklers from 2017 (Rhule's first season), most were freshmen and sophomores.  So he was kind of starting from scratch in that respect.

Yeah thats a good point. I would have to dive deeper to see how many there really were but I know Woods and that other DB that just got drafted were playing early for Rhule. I would assume its a lot of players like that. 

22 hours ago, Loebarth said:

Actually, Lovie took them bowling mate... Lovie was let go because his offense wasn't getting it done. His defense however was as he was focusing on defensive recruits while overlooking the in-state offensive talent and I personally think Lovie would have had the same success the last 2 years that BB has. BB showed with his last 2 classes at whisky and his Arky classes that he isn't a good recruiter. That said, maybe illinois has an MJ on staff that will rectify BB's lacking. Obviously I'm "not" a BB fan. In fact, I'm disgusted even looking at his grossness. 

Great Image for any University

i guess a 6-7 record is better then what we have had LMAO.  Hell atleast Frost didnt have a WINLESS season did he?