Who should our next HC be?

Callahan thinks Stoops would be interested if we give him bags of money.  Also says Doeren and Klieman would be attainable if we want them.

Sipple was told to rule out Aranda.

They also say that MJ was given no parameters to meet in order to get the HC job.  Also that he has not been guaranteed a spot on the new staff, as that will be a new coach decision, not a Trev decision.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/exclusive-nebraska-tunnel-talk-11-4-2022/

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Callahan thinks Stoops would be interested if we give him bags of money.  Also says Doeren and Klieman would be attainable if we want them.

They also say that MJ was given no parameters to meet in order to get the HC job.  Also that he has not been guaranteed a spot on the new staff, as that will be a new coach decision, not a Trev decision.

https://www.on3.com/teams/nebraska-cornhuskers/news/exclusive-nebraska-tunnel-talk-11-4-2022/

If we threw out bags of cash, I'd want someone other than Stoops unless he means Bob.  In regards to Klieman, I like his offense, perceived ability to develop players and the physicality.  Only concern is he took over a solid NDSU team and continued to win.  KSU was winning prior and he has continued. Just average, but much better than NU's previous 6 years.  But not where I'd like NU to be. So how would he he do starting from scratch?  Recruit classes have been in the high 50-s to low 60's since he has been there.  More importantly, he has ranked 9th in the Big 12 out of 10 teams save one season at 7 (2021).  That type of recruiting will not win in the B1G.  Unsure if he moves the needle or will get us winning.  I also think some people would have to google him.

12 hours ago, talaricohusker said:

No thank you we will be here in three years if he’s named coach. His offense might put up good rushing numbers but there’s a reason academy teams are not in the top 5 and in the playoffs every year. Sorry 

Didn't say anything about hiring him, you said no one knows who he is. 

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Last week Sipple picked Stoops as next coach. 

I’m still holding strong on Stoops as my pick. 

Proven program builder at a basketball school and has sustained that success. Recruits already in the B1G foot print.

Plus I would love to see what recruiting would do with a Morrow and Mickey tag team. 

You think Mickey can recruit, he has nothing on Morrow.

• Oh Yeah! 1
14 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wasn't suggesting Trev give him a low-ball offer, but $5-6 million per year would be higher than Frost was making in 2022, and would put him in the middle of the pack in the Big Ten.  Many thought the starting point for most coaches for Trev would be $7-8 million.

I was first!!!

It’d be a favorable scenario for Nebraska for sure. I’d probably be around $8M is my guess. Rhule could be the one. 

• Plus1 1

Of the three listed by Larry Brown as vetted and "strongly being considered," Gary Patterson of TCU, Matt Rhule, and Army's Jeff Monken, I'd say Gary Patterson's 181–79 record stands out as worthy of here.  Rhule's NCAA record of 47-43 makes us look at factors other than that alone, and he had a losing record in the NFL.  I'm sure he's a fine coach, but.. Patterson stands out, in that little group anyway.

• Plus1 1

I say we put Leipold and Arnada on a team and then Mickey and Campbell on another team for best two out of 3 beer pong.  The winning team faces off in a sack race. Whoever wins the sack race meets Urban Meyer in an undisclosed location for 10 rounds of bare knuckle Battleship to win the opportunity to maybe become head coach of Nebraska (after a committee possibly forms to maybe discuss it)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Chadwell isn’t going anywhere as an OC. If he’s not hired by GT then he’ll just stay put. I do prefer him over Monken.

In regards to Rhule’s recruiting, he now has the NFL pedigree… that goes a long way with recruits. 

I still love Chadwell's offense...he would need to bring in mostly a new staff unlike Frost's decision. With that said I doubt he is in the running. 

48 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Last week Sipple picked Stoops as next coach. 

Sip is as unreliable as they come. I pay no attention to him anymore 

27 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I still love Chadwell's offense...he would need to bring in mostly a new staff unlike Frost's decision. With that said I doubt he is in the running. 

I love it, too. But he’s not coming unless it’s as HC 

• Haha 1