Who should our next HC be?

46 minutes ago, GSG said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Patterson. He hates the NIL stuff. I don't think he has any interest in being a HC again.

Patterson was my favorite at the time we hired Frost -  Yes, I was on the Frost bandwagon too but in case Frost went to Floridia (oh, how I now wished that had occurred:facepalm:) Patterson was my # 2.  Now I think the sun as set on that option - unless we want someone here for a short time to mentor MJ to take over in 4-5 years.  I've always liked what he had done at TCU and made them a force in the Big 12.  

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I had to be away from my computer most of the day yesterday and I'm way out of the loop. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened yesterday?

RUMOR  It is Rhule.    Auburn was targeting him but noted that he was in heavy negotiations wt Nebraska.  Thus yesterday was Rhule will be the new coach day.  

Along wt the Army coach and Patterson to a small degree.   Otherwise, the same old speculation, conspiracies, opinionated opinions and wild rumors.  Another day in Nebraska.  Carry On. 

50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I had to be away from my computer most of the day yesterday and I'm way out of the loop. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what happened yesterday?

fify

We're getting a new head football coach. A bunch of internet people are entertained by debating our own thoughts about it. We have no say in the matter. What we think has zero impact on anything. Yet, here we still are. Get it? :D

5 minutes ago, 307husker said:

I wonder what position MJ would fill on a Rhule staff?  It seems like it might be a bit challenging to have "two" head coaches and every time there's a bad situation, the fan base will be hoping for the second string head coach to take over.  

And who is Brady?

Assuming it's Joe Brady https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Brady_(American_football_coach)

50 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

This is kinda where I"m at with all of this. There might be some kernels of truth in all this reporting er rumor mongering. Sure someone will be able to say their "leak" was the one that turned out to be accurate, but 99% of this is crap. if I were AD, I"d leak all kinds of rumors to throw people off the scent. 

Kind of the old adage:  Beware of half-truths, you might get the wrong half!!

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, 307husker said:

I wonder what position MJ would fill on a Rhule staff?  It seems like it might be a bit challenging to have "two" head coaches and every time there's a bad situation, the fan base will be hoping for the second string head coach to take over.  

And who is Brady?

I assume MJ would revert to what he is contracted for, WR coach and assistant HC :dunno Prob depends on what the new HC sees happening.