Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, GSG said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Patterson. He hates the NIL stuff. I don't think he has any interest in being a HC again.

In that Brown article he is listed as having been vetted.  It makes me wonder if there is a difference between what he’s putting out there vs what he’s planning or at least willing to do with his career.  Would our searchers waste time on investigating a guy who has no interest at all in this job?

4 minutes ago, Hagg said:

In that Brown article he is listed as having been vetted.  It makes me wonder if there is a difference between what he’s putting out there vs what he’s planning or at least willing to do with his career.  Would our searchers waste time on investigating a guy who has no interest at all in this job?

I don't know who Brown is. My info is coming from someone who worked directly with Patterson at TCU :dunno 

Here's my take on the status of every candidate:

These could get announced before EOY:

Mickey: Win this weekend and we might be talking about removing the tag sunday. Two more wins this year and it seems like a lock. Might happen sunday if we beat Minn.

Rhule: Definitely spoken. Out of the running at Auburn which means he's either coming or not coaching. He's supposedly in Ireland enjoying his buyout.

Urban: Tick tock. Not sure why he'd want to make things harder on himself by taking a job closer to NSD. Don't see him choosing us over Auburn if he wants to coach.

Monken: Trev's son goes to Army so it might be a consultation deal. Monken has tried getting out of Army for a few years (was a candidate at Kansas/Illinois) and the chop block rules have all but killed the triple, so I'd be surprised if he didn't take a low-level P5/G5 job this offseason. 

Patterson: Probably just feeling things out or consulting. He's not getting any more smoke here than he is at ASU.

Petersen: Not happening. Boise and UW have opened since he left UW and he isn't leaving that area. 

If it's any of these, we won't know until Nov 27th+:

Aranda: No idea what to make of these rumors but I feel like it's a lot of wishful thinking. Makes just as much sense as it doesn't. 

Bielema: No smoke right now.

Leipold: OUT, per Bishop and Petersen.

Kleiman: OUT, per Bishop and Petersen.

Campbell: OUT, per Bishop and Petersen.

Kiffin: Would be jeopardizing the Bama job he wants if he takes this one. Would also be extremely cost inhibitive since there'd be a bidding war with Auburn.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GSG said:

I don't know who Brown is. My info is coming from someone who worked directly with Patterson at TCU :dunno 

That's cool (and credible) to have access to insiders on some of these possibilities. 

Anyway, I'm reacting to this article from yesterday:  https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/nebraska-considering-big-12-gary-patterson-matt-rhule/606646

4 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That's cool (and credible) to have access to insiders on some of these possibilities. 

Anyway, I'm reacting to this article from yesterday:  https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/nebraska-considering-big-12-gary-patterson-matt-rhule/606646

It's definitely possible that Patterson has changed his mind after being away from the HC position. Guess we'll all find out some day lol