Who should our next HC be?

Was thinking about this the other day. Even though the sample size of coaches is small, since Osborne's retirement there's been a cycle that goes roughly like this:

-Fan-expected choice (Solich)

-That guy gets fired, then you have an out of left field hire (Callahan)

-Out of left field guy is fired, then you bring in a guy a lot of fans expected (Pelini)

-This fan-expected guy gets fired, and you go back to the out of left field hire (Riley)

-Back to the fan-expected hire now! (Frost)

So as I say, the sample size is small...but if there's any validity to the pattern, this hire will be the "how the f*** did the AD choose this guy" hire.

Can't wait!

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Just now, TGHusker said:

Yes I know.  I'm just playing with everyone on that!!   We can celebrate when a good coach is picked today, Tuesday or the 10th of December!!!

Ok good, just making sure you knew that, because I totally have never edited a Wiki article in order to win an argument with a buddy.  No sir, never happened.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Undone said:

Was thinking about this the other day. Even though the sample size of coaches is small, since Osborne's retirement there's been a cycle that goes roughly like this:

-Fan-expected choice (Solich)

-That guy gets fired, then you have an out of left field hire (Callahan)

-Out of left field guy is fired, then you bring in a guy a lot of fans expected (Pelini)

-This fan-expected guy gets fired, and you go back to the out of left field hire (Riley)

-Back to the fan-expected hire now! (Frost)

So as I say, the sample size is small...but if there's any validity to the pattern, this hire will be the "how the f*** did the AD choose this guy" hire.

Can't wait!

I could have lived the day without seeing that.  Thanks for ruining the day!     Ok - just kidding.  I'm not going to let it ruin my day regardless of the pick but that is an interesting cycle. 

Just now, runningblind said:

Ok good, just making sure you knew that, because I totally have never edited a Wiki article in order to win an argument with a buddy.  No sir, never happened.

No Never:cop::devil:smokin

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Being turned down for a job does not mean you are not qualified. - In fact, in this economy it could mean the exact opposite, you were over qualified. 

MJ was making 600k as our WR coach, and the guy Southern hired as HC is making 310k. I don't think it was totally about money for MJ, but yeah he was overqualified there. Why would they hire a guy who would probably leave for a better opportunity they couldn't match within 2 years?