Who should our next HC be?

12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

On the other hand, Texas A&M and Michigan State are.

aTm had the #1 ranked recruiting class in the country last year. They are top 15 this year and will probably finish higher. With the talent they are pulling in, I’d be shocked if they finished outside of the top 10 in the next 2 years. 

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

Switching it up, what guys on the list would you be a pass on?  Not just the short 4 person list, but the list put out by the board.

For me:

Patterson

Campbell

BOB

Doren

DeBoers

If we don’t get Urban, Kiffin, Whittingham, Petersen or some other big name coach out of left field, I don’t really care at this point.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

50 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My one son has zero interest in anything “Husker”.  And my other son is a Hawkeye fan.

I don't know what, but you have done something horrifically wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 2
21 minutes ago, lo country said:

Switching it up, what guys on the list would you be a pass on?  

Leipold

Campbell

Monken (I don’t dislike him, I just prefer Chadwell)

O’Brien

Doeren

Clawson

All I know is that low-ball offers aren’t gonna cut it. This isn’t the time to take the economical “let’s try to find a good bargain” route. If Nebraska wants to compete with the big boys they’ve gotta be willing to pay big boy salaries. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don’t get me wrong; I like Mickey Joseph — a lot. We’re both South Louisiana boys and he’s recruited some of our players. That said, I just don’t think he’s cut out to be head coach at Nebraska. 

I'm confused because we keep hearing we want a CEO coach, who recruits and surrounds himself with a good staff to do their jobs.  Has leadership qualities.  Can build success here.  Sounds to me Mickey is cut out for that.  All he has to do is hire his staff and go from there.

But then, I hear the new coach also needs experience at P5 level.  That's not Mickey, for sure.  

So, whoever the guy Alberts hires after Iowa game needs to have the winning P5 experience as a head coach, and the stuff that Mickey has.  Sounds great.  Can't wait!

34 minutes ago, lo country said:

Switching it up, what guys on the list would you be a pass on?  Not just the short 4 person list, but the list put out by the board.

For me:

Patterson

Campbell

BOB

Doren

DeBoers

Fleck

Campbell

O'Brien

Leipold 

I'd listen to what O'Brien and Leipold had to say. Fleck and Campbell I wouldn't entertain. 

• Plus1 1