Who should our next HC be?

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

So you heard a bunch of people saying we want a GA for OC?

There’s really nothing to be gained here. It was an off the cuff comment somebody made in the game thread. The type of “cute” comments you get in there when people are pissed at a specific coach or player. Nobody actually wants a GA for OC, itt was just displeasure at what Whipple was doing.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

There’s really nothing to be gained here. It was an off the cuff comment somebody made in the game thread. The type of “cute” comments you get in there when people are pissed at a specific coach or player. Nobody actually wants a GA for OC, itt was just displeasure at what Whipple was doing.

Well, we did teach someone the meaning of OC and GA in this conversation, so I'd say we're in plus territory.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

We were in the 1st quarter. Then Whipple decided to stop running the ball consistently. Awful.

No. They started filling box to stop the run. Which. They should have been doing since the kick. That this game was even close is a testament to how poor a coach Fleck is. A s#!t o line doesn’t become a dominant run blocking unit in a week. Fleck coaches the first 2 drives like a moron. Anybody who’s watch Purdy on film or even just listened to Mickey say he gets flustered easily would have known the way to beat us was force Purdy to be a playmaker. He can’t do it. Also, Fleck keeping Tanner Morgan in was bad coaching. 

a good NU staff would have played smothers. He brings a dimension that can help mask your o line issues. A good staff also makes adjustments after the other teams backup QB comes in.  The fact that PJ coaches 3/4 of this game like an idiot yea STILL outsmarted us in the end is all you need to know about the Rhule hire. 

28 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Guess I’m different, but everything about today proves to me that MJ should be permanent HC.  I liked the game plan, I like his in game style, I love his recruiting. I feel that given the bits and pieces he inherited, he has done an outstanding job. Sure would have loved a W, but this year is not about winning it’s about resurrecting a program that fell to the ginger haired Joker. The amount of damage that mental midget did …. I do not have words for it. Almost Insurmountable maybe?

Drinking again?

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You could start by telling us who this "large contingent" is. 

I see one.  Maybe two.

I hear it all over town, but after today I think Mickey is done. In my opinion we should keep Mickey and fire Trev. Mickey has heart, Trev brought us dopey old Whipple and his celebrity boy.

• Haha 2
Just now, Hayseed said:

I hear it all over town, but after today I think Mickey is done. In my opinion we should keep Mickey and fire Trev. Mickey has heart, Trev brought us dopey old Whipple and his celebrity boy.

Why do you keep saying Trev hired Whipple? From everyone I have heard, Frost hired Whipple. The only coach Trev “brought in” was Mickey. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1