Who should our next HC be?

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The defense def and oline could use a little boost and more talent would mean we are beating these teams easily but I just dont think talent is the first issue right now. There are def a lot of other teams in the B1G and around the country that are already bowling with less than what we have. I dont want to keep mentioning Leipold too much but he is beating a ranked team right now to get bowl eligible and there is no way you can say they have more talent than us or really most p5 teams if we are being honest. 

I agree.

Just based on their own resume, I think Leipold and Klieman would be my top choices.  But it sounds like Klieman is unlikely to leave.  Leipold has done an amazing job everywhere he's been.  And maybe he'd even keep the guys I listed above as well.  I would not have any issue if he is the choice.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I agree.

Just based on their own resume, I think Leipold and Klieman would be my top choices.  But it sounds like Klieman is unlikely to leave.  Leipold has done an amazing job everywhere he's been.  And maybe he'd even keep the guys I listed above as well.  I would not have any issue if he is the choice.

Same.

I would be 100% ok with Rhule.  Seems like a program builder.

I also think he would keep MJ.  Why?  I think he knows how to put together a staff to play to the strengths of where he is.  When he went to Baylor he brought in a couple of guys with strong Texas HS connections.  

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I agree.

Yeah, Kleiman is working for the same AD at K-State who named him HC at NDSU.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Cornbred said:

Kansas goes as their stellar QB goes. Without him I don't think Leupold is as stellar as some think

First, that's pretty much true of every coach.

Second, Daniels was a 50% passer with 1 TDs and 4 INTs the year before Leipold got there.  So it seems some development/scheme is involved with their "stellar QB".

Third, He made it to the DIII championship game seven times in eight years.  And has now done very well at two D1 stops.  Pretty sure it's more than one QB.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Mavric said:

Second, Daniels was a 50% passer with 1 TDs and 4 INTs the year before Leipold got there.  So it seems some development/scheme is involved with their "stellar QB".

Third, He made it to the DIII championship game seven times in eight years.  And has now done very well at two D1 stops.  Pretty sure it's more than one QB.

See above

25 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I agree.

I liked the idea of Leipold when Frost was first fired, and I like it even more every week that goes by. Even the games they've lost have stamps of great coaching. That's what we need.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I read that Leopoldo was a good ‘developer of programs/players. I don’t know about anyone else but our program needs a rebuild. (Although, it would be sweet if we could keep MJ and Bill Busch.)

• Plus1 1