Who should our next HC be?

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I would be 100% ok with Rhule.  Seems like a program builder.

I also think he would keep MJ.  Why?  I think he knows how to put together a staff to play to the strengths of where he is.  When he went to Baylor he brought in a couple of guys with strong Texas HS connections.  

As someone who has watched Baylor football every Saturday for 3 decades, I would agree and argue that Matt Rhule is a better HC than Dave Aranda.  Even though it is not by much, but still.

However, they both have a nice back yard for recruiting (success) and are both really good coaches.

I would take Aranda in a heartbeat, nothing wrong there.  But if there was a choice between the two, I would go with Matt Rhule.

What makes me very uncomfortable is that Aranda has a contract extension through 2026 (as of right now) and Rhule's contract from the Panthers will take money away from him if he coaches anywhere.  

It will be interesting to see how it folds out, regardless.  

Unsure who we will get.  I like some of the names thrown around, but have no idea about their respective staffs.  Would Liepold bring his whole staff?  Are they "good enough" for the B1G?  The reason I ask is Cally staff, Bo's staff, Rliey's and Frost's were all found wanting. How often does a current HC get hired and leave his entire staff?  Would Trev say no to staff choices?  Would he dictate hiring "this guy".  We are just a complete mess.  No idea the right way out.  

Until they say no, I'd reach out to a guy like Urb or deion.  Need something to catapult some positive press heading into recruiting.   

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

because the "interim" coach is relieved of his duties?

Yes but not in the sense of what you perceive it to be. It'll make sense soon enough.

1 minute ago, admo said:

As someone who has watched Baylor football every Saturday for 3 decades, I would agree and argue that Matt Rhule is a better HC than Dave Aranda.  Even though it is not by much, but still.

However, they both have a nice back yard for recruiting (success) and are both really good coaches.

I would take Aranda in a heartbeat, nothing wrong there.  But if there was a choice between the two, I would go with Matt Rhule.

What makes me very uncomfortable is that Aranda has a contract extension through 2026 (as of right now) and Rhule's contract from the Panthers will take money away from him if he coaches anywhere.  

It will be interesting to see how it folds out, regardless.  

51 minutes ago, Dansker said:

I think everyone is going to blow the lid off this place when the announcement comes in the next 2-3 weeks.

In a good or bad way?! Lol

And what's with the cryptic posts from people on this s#!t? You aren't hiding secrets from the NSA here! JUST COMMIT TO IT! :dunno:lol:

• TBH 2
22 minutes ago, admo said:

Rhule's contract from the Panthers will take money away from him if he coaches anywhere.

How so?  He gets $10M/year for the next 4 years no matter what.  He could not coach and get all $10M/year from Carolina, or he could coach and get paid $6M/year from his new job and $4M/year from Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How so?  He gets $10M/year for the next 4 years no matter what.  He could not coach and get all $10M/year from Carolina, or he could coach and get paid $6M/year from his new job and $4M/year from Carolina.

Kind of like he would be coaching for free bc he is getting 10 mil a yr sitting on beach or getting 10 mil a year while turning this crap show around…. 7 mil from us, 3 from Carolina… both add up to 10…. He has to work in one scenario, but not the other

• TBH 1

2 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

why would rhule want to start coaching again right away when he's getting paid $40 million to do nothing?

He just may want to stay into coaching. You asked this earlier this week. He’s already spending the bulk of this season out of coaching, so he may ready to get back into as soon as he can. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Yes, financially, Rhule won’t have a huge benefit to go back to coaching right away. However, he may just be the type of weirdo that can’t stay away from coaching. These high end coaches want to stay in coaching. 

Correct. It is really difficult to stay away…once a coach, always a coach…almost an addiction to some extent….trust me, I know first hand. Just explaining the financial question that was asked

• Plus1 1