Who should our next HC be?

2 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

My updated Top 5 List:

1 Lane Kiffin- The best realistic hire we could get. He will run the ball and has a great offensive scheme. He has matured a lot and can coach. 

2 Dave Aranda- A realistic option that has made an impact everywhere he has been. Checks all the boxes Trev talks about. The question will be can we outbid BU?

3 Matt Rhule- He has moved up my list lately. I can get behind this hire. NFL success does not equate to CFB success and vice versa. He will bring elite assistants here. 

4 Kalen DeBoer- He has only been in Washington for a year. He has Midwest ties and would come here. His teams play hard and smart. 

5 Lance Leipold- If you can get Kansas to bowl eligibility, you can coach. Most likely wants to stay but we can pay more for him.

Sleeper- Bill O'Brien- Looking less likely, but wonder how he would do after Saban's school of coaches who don't coach good. Two good examples came from it LK and Sark. 

Second Sleeper- Gus Malzahn- Likely staying in the South. I really like his offense and philosophy. He could get us back to relevancy. 

I saw this mentioned on twitter so I went and I looked it up. Probably nothing, but the President of the university, Ted Carter just happens to follow two specific head coaches and I don’t see any other HC’s on his following list. 59C40058-F937-4C36-A406-2AE2EDF8418A.thumb.png.f80db3feafc39123f2c37a7e9867acd4.png

• Fire 1

We play in the worst division in college football.  We are at the bottom of the that division and we keep finding ways to lose to teams in this division.  Tell me again what anyone see's  that would make one believe we can improve with this current roster?  We beat Indiana and Rutgers, who are in the East.    We still have not beaten a West Div team yet this season.   This team needs two season and off seasons of work outs to truly get better.  We need to get stronger, bigger and faster.  We are losing Big 10 games because teams can just power the ball down the field when ever they feel like it.  We can not run the ball well enough and we can not stop the run good enough to stop anyone.  The next coach, whomever, has there hands full.  Rhule won't take this job, Deion will not take this job, BOB won't take the job, and these guys don't want that much work.  I think this hire will shine a light on where we stand at as far as a power program.

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

We play in the worst division in college football.  We are at the bottom of the that division and we keep finding ways to lose to teams in this division.  Tell me again what anyone see's  that would make one believe we can improve with this current roster?  We beat Indiana and Rutgers, who are in the East.    We still have not beaten a West Div team yet this season.   This team needs two season and off seasons of work outs to truly get better.  We need to get stronger, bigger and faster.  We are losing Big 10 games because teams can just power the ball down the field when ever they feel like it.  We can not run the ball well enough and we can not stop the run good enough to stop anyone.  The next coach, whomever, has there hands full.  Rhule won't take this job, Deion will not take this job, BOB won't take the job, and these guys don't want that much work.  I think this hire will shine a light on where we stand at as far as a power program.

I dont think this is the worst devision,  i think that this is a division that no one lays down and they just beat eachother up so theres no clear winner and even if you do win, your so bloddied and brused that you cant compete in the title game.

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

I saw this mentioned on twitter so I went and I looked it up. Probably nothing, but the President of the university, Ted Carter just happens to follow two specific head coaches and I don’t see any other HC’s on his following list. 59C40058-F937-4C36-A406-2AE2EDF8418A.thumb.png.f80db3feafc39123f2c37a7e9867acd4.png

I don't think the president of the university's Twitter following list shows much. He will follow whoever it is when they are hired. Him following Kiffin does bode well for my number 1 choice though! 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah .... no we don't.  The ACC Coastal is worse.  And if the Pac-12 still had divisions at least one if not both would be worse.

Not sure if this is accurate at all.. Oregon Utah usc and UCLA all better than Illinois. Oregon state at 24. Adds another ranked team this s#!t division can’t claim 

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I honestly think it will be a name not really thrown around, something out of left field like Mike Locksley or Bryan Harsin, and that we are getting told "no thanks" a few times. Or they let Mickey continue on.

Unattainable and realistic are subjective words, and in my opinion the level of attraction in this job is overstated by many.

I think an out of left field hire would be Ed Orgeron. He has talked to Mickey and could get a lot of his coaching staff back together from 2019 LSU. He would know what he is walking into having talked with Joseph and would get elite coordinators here. Who knows if he wants to coach again. Obviously, would prefer him as a DL/AHC.

As to the two coaches you named, Locksley is not going to leave after a 6 or more win season and Harsin will go be a coordinator or G5 coach somewhere. You could be right though and it could be a hire no one is expecting. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I think an out of left field hire would be Ed Orgeron. He has talked to Mickey and could get a lot of his coaching staff back together from 2019 LSU. He would know what he is walking into having talked with Joseph and would get elite coordinators here. Who knows if he wants to coach again. Obviously, would prefer him as a DL/AHC.

As to the two coaches you named, Locksley is not going to leave after a 6 or more win season and Harsin will go be a coordinator or G5 coach somewhere. You could be right though and it could be a hire no one is expecting. 

Lol, not happening. The way he left town at lsu, no way trev bringing him in 

• Plus1 1